• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vernon eats hay for the first time ever!!!

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe it! :shock: :D :D

Vernon has never shown any interest in hay before, and has difficulty eating anything because of his awful teeth.

I wonder if this means his missing teeth have grown back? (he had roots, but most of his teeth had broken off at gum level) .

The evidence (the hay is Alfalfa King Timothy btw)....

DSCF1900.jpg

Oh I am pleased for you and Vernon. The worry these precious little buns cause!! I must mention the hay to Donna (re Arfur);).

If I tell her it is Alfafa King Timothy is that enough for her to trace it?

Alice x

Oh I am pleased for you and Vernon. The worry these precious little buns cause!! I must mention the hay to Donna (re Arfur);).

If I tell her it is Alfafa King Timothy is that enough for her to trace it?

Alice x

Hi Alice :wave:

The hay is from Pets at Home and is hideously expensive...but I ran out of farm hay during the snow so had to resort to pet shop stuff. It's not as nice as it looks, in fact none of my other rabbits will touch it (I think the green colour is possibly some sort of food dye :shock: )...but Vernon is going crazy for it!

Mine wont touch this AK Timothy. One loved the Oxbow Timothy Hay for years and then I recently bought four bags and he wont eat it even if there is nothing else:roll: He is loving the Oxbow Orchard at the moment and eats huge amounts of it. I think that rabbits like certain cuts of hay. The four bags of Oxbow Timothy hay look lovely but hes off of it.

Alice, whose Donna? Ill pop some Oxbow Orchard in an envelope and send it to her to try. Ill even put some Timothy in there for her to try too. PM me details.

Glad Vernon is chomping.

Back