• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I thought having pets reduced stress levels!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
After the upset and worry over Theo and Cherry, we have had the worst few hours :(

Late last night I went up to put all the buns to bed and found Maggie was in stasis again :( Gave everyone their bedtime treat, all were fine and popped down stairs to get the usual stasis meds.

Went straight back up, must have been gone 2 minutes at most, to find Dumpling lying out stiff with her head in the water bowl :( I thought she was dead. I got her out and she was breathing and starting to come round. She must have had another seizure :( If Maggie hadn't been ill I would have switch the light out and gone to bed and goodness knows what would have happened.

She seems reasonably Ok this morning but is still seeing the vet. Maggie isn't right but is better than she was.

Becuase I was concerned about them when I got up this morning I spent time with them instead of going straight outside. When I did go out I found Hilary, my favorite piggy, had died in the night :cry::cry:

I feel so guilty, it was freezing last night and I didn't do any heatpads. I didn't know what the weather forecast was as I haven't had time to watch any TV for a few days. I had no idea it would get so cold :(

Hilary had been ill with breathing problems for over 2 years. I thought I would loose her during the long cold spell but managed to get her through it and now I have lost her because I didn't look after her properly:cry::cry:

i am so sorry hilary died. but i don't believe anyone could do more for the animals in their care than you do. don't blame yourself (easier said than done, i know). you say you didn't look after her properly, but you did as much as anyone could, and more. i am sorry, really i am. but please don't add to your own sorrow by beating yourself up about it. you do good, every day. that's enough.

So sorry Liz :( Don't blame yourself because without you who knows where your littles one would be now. Thinking about you xx

After the upset and worry over Theo and Cherry, we have had the worst few hours :(

Late last night I went up to put all the buns to bed and found Maggie was in stasis again :( Gave everyone their bedtime treat, all were fine and popped down stairs to get the usual stasis meds.

Went straight back up, must have been gone 2 minutes at most, to find Dumpling lying out stiff with her head in the water bowl :( I thought she was dead. I got her out and she was breathing and starting to come round. She must have had another seizure :( If Maggie hadn't been ill I would have switch the light out and gone to bed and goodness knows what would have happened.

She seems reasonably Ok this morning but is still seeing the vet. Maggie isn't right but is better than she was.

Becuase I was concerned about them when I got up this morning I spent time with them instead of going straight outside. When I did go out I found Hilary, my favorite piggy, had died in the night :cry::cry:

I feel so guilty, it was freezing last night and I didn't do any heatpads. I didn't know what the weather forecast was as I haven't had time to watch any TV for a few days. I had no idea it would get so cold :(

Hilary had been ill with breathing problems for over 2 years. I thought I would loose her during the long cold spell but managed to get her through it and now I have lost her because I didn't look after her properly:cry::cry:

Sorry its been so stressful. I hate this time of year too, any animals with ill health or old age are so at risk. I've done the same myself and not realised how cold things will get, even if you watch the news, they can get it wrong and it turns out much worse than predicted. Don't beat yourself up about it, she was loved and looked after.

Oh Liz I'm so sorry :cry:

I hope Dumpling and Maggie will be ok. Sending vibes for both of them. As for Hilary, please don't blame yourself as it's not your fault. You do so much for all your animals.

Sleep well Hilary.

So sorry Liz. A big (HUG) for you to help you through this difficult time.

You know you do an amazing job and you can't be everywhere all of the time. Mother Nature always gets her way despite our best efforts :(

Love to you and all your animals :)

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear this, but you mustn't blame yourself. You do an amazing job for so many animals and they all love you for it. Sleep well little Hilary x

Dumpling is back from the vets. They couldn't find anything obviously wrong, her lungs seem clear :) I was worried cancer has spread to her lungs and brain. They can't rule out the brain as she is obviously having some neurological difficulties :( But everything else appears fine.

She decided to provide her own urine sample :lol: So the opportunity was taken to test it and that was fine too.

So thats the best news we could have hoped for. The vet just said to monitor her closely which of course we are anyway :)

I'm so sorry you lost hilary. Like everyone else has said, there is nothing more you could do for the babies in your care. Sometimes the weather does stupid and unexpected things, there is no way you could have known.
Popcorn free little girl.

I am so sorry you have had a rubbish morning Liz :(

Please don't blame yourself i panicked this morning as i got up late so was late going out to check on everyone so it happens its honestly not your fault.

Big hugs xxx

*Big Hugs* Apart from setting up CCTV, abd attaching all sorts of wires and monitors to all the buns, you really can't do more than you do already. You do a fantastic job so please don't be too hard on yourself.

Lots of vibes for Dumpling and Maggie x

Hilary's passing is not your fault Liz, you can't take act on information you don't have - if you'd known about the cold snap, you would have done something, and in any case maybe it was just her time to pass anyway.

big hugs for you and vibes for all the furries. x

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear about Hilary and your poorly buns. :( The weather must have been shockingly cold here last night too and I hadn't realised it was coming because it was still quite mild at around 10pm, so try not to blame yourself. :love:

Hey :)

I don't know you as I only joined this forum last week, but from what everyone is saying (and I trust everyone and their comments) you sound like an extremely selfless person, and care more about your animals than anything else, and that in my opinion, is such an amazing quality. Do not blame yourself for anything, in fact, you should praise yourself for everything you did for Hilary, and everything you still do for the animals you have xxxx

Back