• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

french lop for adoption P@H Oxfordshire

raine

Warren Veteran
Went into Pets at Home tonight and there was the most gorgeous 5 month french lop in the adoption section. He has been a house rabbit but given up because he bit the 15 year old daughter. There isn't much space for him in the store as they have another giant in the large enclosure, but he was running round and round this small area and getting up on his back legs. He was totally edible. Why didn't they just suggest he be neutered and maybe he could have kept his home. The mum really loved him and was very upset. They said they wanted £50.00 for him. As he was for adoption, what do they do with the money as they have already been paid £130.00 for him from the original owner.

I was very impressed with the new hutches in the store, all in consult with the RWF, and the correct sizes.

Poor bun it must be soo stressful for the bunny being moved from pillar to post. Don't people understand that if children poke their fingers at a rabbit they think it is food and may bite. I always tell my nieces not to poke fingers are my rabbits.:( That makes £200.00 in the pocket of Pets at Home then. :roll: Which one was it as I am going to Banbury today and might pop into that one.

At 15 the daft girl should have known better! Rabbits are not generally a childrens pet but a teenager... :?

And yeah, I'd expect the money to go straight to p@h :roll::(

Poor bun it must be soo stressful for the bunny being moved from pillar to post. Don't people understand that if children poke their fingers at a rabbit they think it is food and may bite. I always tell my nieces not to poke fingers are my rabbits.:( That makes £200.00 in the pocket of Pets at Home then. :roll: Which one was it as I am going to Banbury today and might pop into that one.

PAH makes NO money from the adoption. The adoption fee goes straight to the Support Adoption Foundation. PAH pays for the upkeep of the animal whilst it's waiting to find a home, but none of the fee comes to us.

The Foundation is a separate entity and has Trustees who look after the 'money', and they apportion grant money etc.

Hes in the Abingdon branch. I think its good that he could be returned, but I still feel that neutering could possibly have enabled him to stay where he was::(

Hes in the Abingdon branch. I think its good that he could be returned, but I still feel that neutering could possibly have enabled him to stay where he was::(

I agree....but perhaps it was their excuse for getting rid of the rabbit?

:cry: that was close, My sister lives nr abingdon (I grew up there!) and I was meant to visiting her this weekend.. but didnt in the end because of the snow - If i'd had read this I would have gone to have a look - poor thing :cry: it MUST be an excuse - so what if it bite her - If that was my daughter I would have said serves you right - it is NO reason to re-home the poor thing :evil:

PAH makes NO money from the adoption. The adoption fee goes straight to the Support Adoption Foundation. PAH pays for the upkeep of the animal whilst it's waiting to find a home, but none of the fee comes to us.

The Foundation is a separate entity and has Trustees who look after the 'money', and they apportion grant money etc.

Well that's good to know. Why do they transfer old stock over? There were two fairly young bunnies in the adoption part of Banbury which apparently have been waiting ages for homes.

Well that's good to know. Why do they transfer old stock over? There were two fairly young bunnies in the adoption part of Banbury which apparently have been waiting ages for homes.

I would like to know this too, everytime i go into my local PAH (inc today) Its always the same 'we were for sale but no-one wanted us' Today that was a Russian dwarf hamster in the top tank, 2 male guinea pigs in the middle tank and a rabbit in the bottom tank. Maybe it needs to be done occasionally but surely not all the time? What would happen if someone came in to hand back an animal and the adoption bit was full of old for sale animals?

Back