• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Really worried, abnormal behaviour :(

KTJ

Alpha Buck
Hi Everyone :)

Flopsy comes in the house quite a lot, and on most nights he stays in until quite late, and then gets moody and stomps his feet when I have to put him back outside (despite his hutch being very warm and snuggly) but just now, he's really caused me panick and Im stressed.

I had him out on my bed in my room like most nights, and he was so happy and binky-ing loads... and then for the first time ever, he began licking and nipping my dressing gown and burrowing in it, which I thought was cute... then he lay next to me, flopped out, and I just would not stop pooing. Usually it's not a problem as I have a throw over my bed when he's out, but I seriously can't explain how much he pooed. They were normal, but still, Ive never seen him produce so much in such a short space of time. And then his heart starting racing, so I scooped him up in my arms (he hates being handled usually) and wouldnt respond to me until I really had to call his name... then I laid him back next to me so I could get to his water bowl, and he just weed all over my bed. He didnt even get up to go to the toilet...

should I be worried about this? Its late at night right now so I don't know what to do. I know its probably not best to keep him overnight in because of the temperature change, but Im worried about him :( I wish the hutch was big enough for me because Id sleep outside :(

Its just odd, because he seems ok now, but for a few short minutes, he really panicked me :(

I'm wondering that he maybe really needed to go? I know when Dillan needs his litter tray and doesn't have access to it he will let me know by jumping on me or being a bit naughty. I think its probably like us being desperate to go but can't because we can't go on a loo. I know it would stress me out :shock:
Helen xx

Thanks for your reply Helen, I really like ur suggestion, it's calmed me down a bit!! I worry a lot about my buns, and panick immediately and jump to conclusions if something is wrong! I think I'll keep him out for just a bit longer to make sure he's ok and then he can go back to his own bed as he seems to be dominating mine at the moment!! xx

behavior

Hi Everyone :)

Flopsy comes in the house quite a lot, and on most nights he stays in until quite late, and then gets moody and stomps his feet when I have to put him back outside (despite his hutch being very warm and snuggly) but just now, he's really caused me panick and Im stressed.

I had him out on my bed in my room like most nights, and he was so happy and binky-ing loads... and then for the first time ever, he began licking and nipping my dressing gown and burrowing in it, which I thought was cute... then he lay next to me, flopped out, and I just would not stop pooing. Usually it's not a problem as I have a throw over my bed when he's out, but I seriously can't explain how much he pooed. They were normal, but still, Ive never seen him produce so much in such a short space of time. And then his heart starting racing, so I scooped him up in my arms (he hates being handled usually) and wouldnt respond to me until I really had to call his name... then I laid him back next to me so I could get to his water bowl, and he just weed all over my bed. He didnt even get up to go to the toilet...

should I be worried about this? Its late at night right now so I don't know what to do. I know its probably not best to keep him overnight in because of the temperature change, but Im worried about him :( I wish the hutch was big enough for me because Id sleep outside :(

Its just odd, because he seems ok now, but for a few short minutes, he really panicked me :(
at times rabbit behavior seems odd,,perhaps was startled,,something new,,-somethings we don,t hear or see.//.the main thing is ruling out health issues,,or repeated behavior patterns...sincerely james waller:love:

Back