PDA

View Full Version : Sooo excited... PIC OF NEW HUTCH!

KTJ
29-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I have a "Rabbit Palace" arriving tomorrow as I felt that my buns needed a bigger hutch, considering the "mini lop eared" rabbit which I took on last year turned out to be a french lop eared... hence he has out grown his hutch!! I can't believe Im so excited about it, but I know its because they will just love it!

But the new hutch that is arriving tomorrow has come at quite a convenient time...

I don't know if anyone has read my post from earlier today, but I found out today that the 2 silver fox rabbits which I re-homed recently were mis-sexed and I now have a pregnant female rabbit.
I first noticed that Smokey had been getting a bit frisky with Bandit but was told by a vet that it was "probably just a dominance thing" which made sense as they were both boys and have been booked in to be neutered next week (due to the advice I received from people on this forum). Then when I went to clean them out today, Bandit had fur and hay in his mouth and was building a nest, which I have never seen him do before, so I took him back to the vets to be sexed and he is actually a SHE...

Bandit (the doe) will be staying in the hutch she's in as she's used to it and has built a nest, so for the time being, Flopsy and Smokey will share the new hutch as Smokey can't be with Bandit for a few weeks!

I can't believe Im so excited over a hutch! Most 20 year olds are excited about new clothes and shoes and mobile phones, but not me! I just want to see the bun's exploring a new hutch, they'll love it!! :D

Bungle bunny
29-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Ah, good for you, im so pleased for you. What are you going to do with the babes when they are grown a little?

KTJ
29-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Ah, good for you, im so pleased for you. What are you going to do with the babes when they are grown a little?

Well... I'm not sure yet. Im still in shock that one of my little boys is actually a pregnant girl!! Im just trying to make sure she's ok first and that Ive got everything prepared for her, ie a room in the house for her and her babies, and plenty of food etc.
In an ideal world, I would keep them all as I know I can love them and look after them forever and give them everything they want and need, but I don't know how big the litter is going to be and I'm not a breeder or a rabbit expert, I just have 3 rabbits who I love more than anything... so right now, Im not sure what to do :S
If I did re-home them, I'd feel like I had been a bad Mum to them, and had let them down, but I would make sure that they only went to people I knew, so I could make sure they would be looked after... either way, I will keep you updated :)

R & R by the river
29-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Plenty of photos PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE !

KTJ
29-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Plenty of photos PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE !

Definitely!! :lol: I love seeing everyone else's photos, and Im a bit of a big head when it comes to my buns, I could post pictures and talk about them all day! I'll post pics 2moro of the new hutch... and I'll keep everyone informed on Bandit's pregnancy, babies etc ;)

KTJ
30-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I thought I would post a pic of the new hutch that I have just put together! I'm still unsure whether to put my french lop eared in it, or the pregnant silver fox, but she's already nested in her hutch, so I think for the time being it would be best to leave her be.
The hutch also came with a hutch hugger and it is so snug inside! I can easily fit in it myself, so I think it might just do for my buns at night time!!

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy266/KTJ1616/Newhutch.jpg

w1lll
30-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Not being negative but you might want to replace the flimsy looking heart shaped catches with bolts, as a fox could easily force its way in

tracey madigan
30-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I thought I would post a pic of the new hutch that I have just put together! I'm still unsure whether to put my french lop eared in it, or the pregnant silver fox, but she's already nested in her hutch, so I think for the time being it would be best to leave her be.
The hutch also came with a hutch hugger and it is so snug inside! I can easily fit in it myself, so I think it might just do for my buns at night time!!

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy266/KTJ1616/Newhutch.jpg

That looks brill,nice and cozy.How big is it?I have a similar set up ordered thats 10ft :shock:

KTJ
30-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Not being negative but you might want to replace the flimsy looking heart shaped catches with bolts, as a fox could easily force its way in

Thanks for your advice, my Dad has already nailed solid bolts to all the doors as I thought exactly the same ;)