• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sugar and spice are home now!!!

traceymadigan

Warren Scout
Sugar and spice are home from the vets after their spay today,they seem ok but miserable.I have put their favourite foods in with them but they are not interested,will it be ok if they dont feel like eating today? Thanks

It will probably take them a little while to feel like eating again. Just keep them fairly quiet (on something soft like a duvet) with their favourite food and a bowl of water nearby.

You have them together which is good, it will help them to heal. I would give them until tomorrow to eat something, if they haven't eaten by the time your vets open tomorrow, I'd give them a ring. Have they had/got any pain relief?

offer them tasty little things like a dandelion leaf or sprig of parsley, or a little warm porridge made with water.

Awwww. It'll take them a while to re-adjust, so don't expect them to dive into their food. Phone the vet if they've not eaten by tomorrow morning though. Half cover them and turn down the lights so they feel more secure.

I'm sure they'll be fine anyway - give it two weeks and this will all be forgotten.

Last edited:
Yes they have had painkillers and i have given them porridge as they usually love that,I will ring tom if they are the same but hopefully they are just tired:roll:

Back