• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think I just made a friend upset..

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
..by (POLITELY) pointing out that bunnies can't be locked up all day :? and that they need excersise and lots of space.

Next time I'll just shut my mouth :roll: Why do people get bunnies without doing research!

Last edited:
hmmm my friend has just informed me over facebook she would like a house bunny which she will keep in a cage all day in her room while she is at uni - can guess that cage wont be big enough!

And after given her some guidelines - and talking about rescues being full to bursting She still wants a baby from a pet shop because she wants to bring it up :roll:

She wants them like my 3 (all house trained, generally good etc) but obviously doesnt realise how much time and money goes into it!

I wouldn't keep my mouth shut :p Though I do have Dillan at uni, but I'm rarely out of the house more than two hours once a day if that so I think he's fine in his nic cube set up. I always make sure he has things to occupy him anyway whilst I'm gone. Though he always seems to be waiting for me to get him out as soon as I get back :lol:
I have let him out after afternoon lectures just an hour ago and he's straight under my bed laying about... and the fuss he made to come out :?
Helen xx

@ kaths: How annoying! I do hope you manage to talk her out of it :shock:

Well she's now ignoring my messages completely :roll: That's what I get for trying to be nice. Geez. :shock:

Next time I'll just shut my mouth

No, don't do that, one thing I've learnt by being (I think) much older than you is that...

You need to stand by your principles and values. If a friendship can be damaged by simply stating something truthful, that was done with the intention of making life better for the animal, then the friendship isn't one that is worth worrying about too much.

I'm always upsetting people over animal welfare. But i don't think it's fair when people don't vaccinate or neuter and just have them locked away somewhere - i know too many people that do that with their buns :evil::(

No, don't do that, one thing I've learnt by being (I think) much older than you is that...

You need to stand by your principles and values. If a friendship can be damaged by simply stating something truthful, that was done with the intention of making life better for the animal, then the friendship isn't one that is worth worrying about too much.

I understand what you mean. If she gets offended by my trying to help then perhaps she isn't quite the friend I thought she was :? I mean we're not even real life friends,we're just online friends..I guess I don't know her so well after all.

Well done you, you have done the right thing, she may be a bit embarrased but you will have given her something to think about and hopefully she may do some research to try to prove you wrong, then she will learn even more

Back