• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

innocent smoothie advert

Surely the concern should be over the massive stupidity of anyone who takes pet care advice from a smoothie advert, rather than the advert itself. You can't expect people to give care details every time an animal is mentioned in public :?

Surely the concern should be over the massive stupidity of anyone who takes pet care advice from a smoothie advert, rather than the advert itself. You can't expect people to give care details every time an animal is mentioned in public :?

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. I've already written to Innocent about the stupidity of their advert. They have a rabbit stating "I love strawberries, and I love apples and I love bananas etc etc" and this surely sends out the message to kids (and adults) that it's OK to feed these foodstuffs to their rabbits. We all know that it IS OK to feed tiny quantities of these foods BUT the emphasis is on TINY quantities. Little Johnny is probably going to see the advert and give thumper in the hutch a whole banana :roll::roll:

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. I've already written to Innocent about the stupidity of their advert. They have a rabbit stating "I love strawberries, and I love apples and I love bananas etc etc" and this surely sends out the message to kids (and adults) that it's OK to feed these foodstuffs to their rabbits. We all know that it IS OK to feed tiny quantities of these foods BUT the emphasis is on TINY quantities. Little Johnny is probably going to see the advert and give thumper in the hutch a whole banana :roll::roll:

I quite agree. People are stupid and don't think. If there's an advert suggesting these foods are good for rabbits then I think it's plausible people will follow what they've seen. If it was burgers etc then I think it would be different as most people know you can't feed a rabbit those. Fruit is a different matter as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
I'm not denying that people are thick enough to do it - just that the people making the advert probably have no idea of the rampant stupidity of many pet owners and thus aren't entirely to blame ;)

I'm not denying that people are thick enough to do it - just that the people making the advert probably have no idea of the rampant stupidity of many pet owners and thus aren't entirely to blame ;)

Well yes, I agree with you to a point but they should also be aware that they are sending out a message in that advert - albeit about their smoothies. But BECAUSE half the population are muppets, they have a duty to ensure their message can't be misunderstood.

My son saw this advert last night...he said mummy what a stupid advert. Bunnies don't drink smoothies and shouldn't eat a lot of fruit!!!!!
I haven't seen the advert myself but the seven year old in my house agress with you all!! :):)

Surely the concern should be over the massive stupidity of anyone who takes pet care advice from a smoothie advert, rather than the advert itself. You can't expect people to give care details every time an animal is mentioned in public

Well, yeah, there is that aspect to it. :lol:

I'm kind of with you on your thought, but also sitting on the fence; 'people' can be incredibly dense and there should be a small amount of responsibility for presenting a truthful advert from the smoothie people. It also just seems such a dim advert concept though, why didn't they just use an animal that does eat fruit like that - an iguana or monkey or something ? (Disclaimer - I don't actually know if iguanas or monkeys eat these types of fruit, so don't stuff your monkeys and iguanas with these fruits unless you have researched it properly)

(Disclaimer - I don't actually know if iguanas or monkeys eat these types of fruit, so don't stuff your monkeys and iguanas with these fruits unless you have researched it properly)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have to say this all seems rather silly... I dont think people are that stupid. Theres a talking rabbit! it obvious its not completely factual! add to that the fact that its advetising a drink for people its pretty obvious that its just an advertising technique. the cute bunny is supposed to draw people in thats all!

I have to agree lol but I do think some people will be stupid enough to think that it means rabbits can eat fruit. but thats a comment on them rather than the ads. I just read the news article on that link though, and dont think i agree with the burgess 'feeding plan'.... a couple of green leaves a day?? and mainly hay, pellets, snacks every day...

Well I'm on the fence.

You can say yes it's only an advert, you shouldn't listen to an advert for advice on feeding a bun.

But, there is some idiots that will believe that if the talking bunny on tv tells you it likes these things then it does.

im sorry but do you really think people when they see this advert are going to just feed those things ?
or are they going to start giving them the smoothies in their water bottles :roll:
for god sake people are not that stupid to take it that seriously oh maybe they are since you have started this thread
oh by the way rabbits do love apples , strawberries and bananna infact bannana is great for pregnant does full or pitasiam ;) but thats another story
while we are on about animals in adverts i would like to point out
pandas do not rollar skate like the ones in the kitkat advert
wide mouth frogs dont really eat malteasers however allergators do eat wide mouth frogs that part is probably true
koalas do not really use toilet paper
and most cats really dont like whiskers
oh by the way dogs and cats cant talk so dont believe the iams adverts ;)

Gwen at Bunny Burrows once was asked 'What meat can rabbit's eat' :shock:
actually you may be supprised rabbits do eat meat havnt you ever caught you rabbit eating a worm in the garden ?:shock:
some people do give their pregnant does raw bacon it helps with the vitamins etc they need while pregnant ;)
so yes rabbits can eat meat and will given the option ive heard many a house rabbit steal left over meat off their owners plate too :lol:

Unfortunately i have had to explain to more than one person that bunnies don't drink smoothies:roll:

really :shock: ok they must be really really thick then
saying that have you had one of those smoothies ? they are just like fruity baby food i can see rabbits actually liking them lol my old conti used to love stealing what was at the bottom of the fruit baby jars :roll::lol:

Sorry, but people ARE that stupid! :roll:

Bobtails rescue in Surrey has had numerous phone calls from members of the public asking if rabbits can drink smoothies! :roll: Hence they made a complaint and a disclaimer has been added to the website of Innocent - shame they didn't put the disclaimer on the advert too really.

http://www.bobtailsrescue.org.uk/news.asp
:wave: Breaking news section!

Last edited:
Back