• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Space requirements for a trio/homechecks

Hi there,
I just posted this in the wrong section so sorry if i'm repeating myself!
I currently have 2 bonded mini lops (both about 4m old) and i have enquired about adopting a husbun for them. I have a 6'x2'x2' two storey hutch which i plan to remove the ladder from and replace it with a step or hop box to increase the space. So in the hutch they will have around 22/23 square foot of space. I dont have a permenent run so at the moment the girls come inside everyday for a run around. I intend to either build a collapsible run for use in the day (we have a tiny garden!) or do the little bit of rabbit proofing required to enable the buns to have full use of the garden when i am home.
I am worried if this will satisfy homechecks etc. Do you think this is okay space for 3 small/medium buns?

I think you will need a permanent run attached - maybe do that instead ofa collapsible one?:D If you have a rescue in mind you could contact them & ask requirements

Also bonding may be easier if you get your girlies spayed first:D

Our minimum for 2 buns is 48ft square (6x2x2 hutch with 6x6 permanent run)

Depending on the size of your trio you should aim for as big as you can - I stand firm that in my opinion the bigger the better - your rabbits accommodation is the most important investment you can make for them.

I think it would be ok for 3 mini lops :? My 2 dwarf lops have a single tier 6x2x2 hutch with 9x5 run attached. Maybe you could attach a small run, say 6x4 or 6x6?

I agree that its best to contact the rescue as all rescues rehoming policies are different ;)

xXx

Our minimum for 2 buns is 48ft square (6x2x2 hutch with 6x6 permanent run)

Depending on the size of your trio you should aim for as big as you can - I stand firm that in my opinion the bigger the better - your rabbits accommodation is the most important investment you can make for them.

ARC works by the same sizing as you are quoting for 3 normal sized bunnies

Back