• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - Jester and Daisy fighting again. What should I do?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
Jester has been trying to hump Daisy a lot this morning, but things seemed to have quietened down. I just went back upstairs to see Daisy pinning him down and humping him - and a big chunk of his fur has been pulled out :cry:

I've shut Jester in the bedroom and Daisy on the landing. What should I do?
Leave them together as it's just fur pulling and humping?
Restrict their space and watch them?
Separate them?

I'm no good at this. I've never see bunny scuffles / fights before and it's horrible :cry: Can't stand the thought of one of them injuring the other :cry:

Advice please.

If it was me, i would restrict space and supervise. From time to time, some of my decide to hump and chase :roll: god knows why.

Hope they work it out :)

Lottie and George go through fazes like this, it normally lasts a few days then theyre ok again. I would restrict their space and keep your eye on them if you can.

Hope they behave for you xXx

sounds like daisy had had enough and gave him what for, i wouldnt seperate just supervise, its the time of year too theres a lot of buns fighting at the mo,

hmm my 2 have started as well - no fur as yet but the chasing is terrible!!
I have no solution sorry - silly buns, why do they do this to us!

I agree with restricting space. It sounds like normal bunny behaviour, and, as of yet, there has not been a fight, just some chasing and humping.

However, that could change if one gets annoyed or over hormonal.

What I would say is, what I remember of Jester, he made himself sore during his bonding? I would keep an eye on his bits and keep checing them to ensure he isn't making himself sore now.

If they can't tolerate being together at the moment then go for supervised play. They will be most likely to fight around dawn and dusk so you could have them together during the day, maybe.

Thanks everyone for the advice :) My internet connection died yesterday so didn't get to come back on.

Well, they are together and pretty much ok - still chasing and a bit of humping going on, but no more scuffles/fights. I've spent many hours watching them with a plant mister at the ready, and the bedroom is now inches deep in hay as I've given them huge piles of treat hays and their normal DFH to try and keep their minds on nomming rather than humping!

Tracy you're right, Jester did have a big problem with sore man bits when he first met Daisy and humped her like crazy for 24 hours :roll: and that's why I'm really worried this time too, as he had a lucky escape last time.

They spent quite a lot of time flopped out togther yesterday evening and I saw Daisy grooming Jester, so I hope their bond is strong enough to get them through the spring fever season!

aw so glad its improved, i think you will find over the years they will go through phases mine do it mainly twice a year withthe odd 2 min spat inbetween :D

Back