• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greeting from a Scottish rabbit rescue

Rosamund

Young Bun
Hello! :)

This looks like a lovely forum and I'm very happy to be here.

I found this place last night. I'd contacted the RWA to ask them to add the rescue I work in to their lists, and they told me about the Rabbit Rehome website as well. So through there, I found here!

I currently volunteer at, and am the manager of, a small pet rescue in Edinburgh. We've had over 10 rabbits brought in since Christmas, and as few people donate at this time of year and even fewer are interested in taking on pets, we're struggling somewhat.

I love rabbits, though I don't have any currently. In my avatar you can see Daisy, a dwarf lop, who is one of our more long term residents. :)

Welcome to the forum.
RU is a fantastic place and many people fromt he forum adopt rabbits from the rescues on here!
I have 3 of my 4 bunnies because of this site!!!
:wave:

Welcome to the forum.
RU is a fantastic place and many people fromt he forum adopt rabbits from the rescues on here!
I have 3 of my 4 bunnies because of this site!!!
:wave:

Thank you!

That's great news. Are those your bunnies in your signature? They're very cute! :)

No, they're not!
I have 4 bunnies called Ghostie, Toffee, Pickle and Benji!
The 4 bunnies in my signature are my foster bunnies (I foster for Starlight's Rabbit Rescue). Winter found a wonderful home to someone on here, and so did their Mummy, but the 3 boys, Frosty, Whisper and Gabriel are still looking :cry:

No, they're not!
I have 4 bunnies called Ghostie, Toffee, Pickle and Benji!
The 4 bunnies in my signature are my foster bunnies (I foster for Starlight's Rabbit Rescue). Winter found a wonderful home to someone on here, and so did their Mummy, but the 3 boys, Frosty, Whisper and Gabriel are still looking :cry:

Aww, well they're very lovely anyway! And it's fantastic that you foster--I know I'm constantly looking for more people to foster, and it's always so lovely when people are interested in doing that. :) I hope the three boys find their forever home soon.

:wave: Hello

Edinburgh is a lovely city. I lived there for a year some time ago.

Any pics of your rescue buns? We always demand pics on RU :lol:

Greetings:wave:

I am a trustee of Hopper Haven - we have around 120 rabbits in the rescue/sanctuary, I have 8 of my own and 3 foster bunnies.

I'm sure you'll find this site invaluable!

Any pics of your rescue buns? We always demand pics on RU :lol:

I was wondering about that! Can I make a thread about our bunnies somewhere on the forum? (Sorry for the newbie question!)

BB Mommy said:
I am a trustee of Hopper Haven - we have around 120 rabbits in the rescue/sanctuary, I have 8 of my own and 3 foster bunnies.

I'm sure you'll find this site invaluable!

120 bunnies? Oh wow! You must have an amazing place. And I thought we had a lot of bunnies! Hopper Haven sounds incredible, I'll have to check out your website.

Thanks to everyone for their welcome!

Louise runs and lives at the rescue, and it is pretty amazing.
All buns have their own enclosure and shed or a minimum size hutch of 6x2x2 with either an enclosure or 6x6 minimum run - it's taken a lot of time and effort though for us to get to this point though!!

And the website is lowest of the priorities unfortunately.......too much else to do in a day!!

Louise runs and lives at the rescue, and it is pretty amazing.
All buns have their own enclosure and shed or a minimum size hutch of 6x2x2 with either an enclosure or 6x6 minimum run - it's taken a lot of time and effort though for us to get to this point though!!

And the website is lowest of the priorities unfortunately.......too much else to do in a day!!

Yeah, I know just what you mean! We try to keep on top of the online side of things, but a lot of the time it just doesn't happen. Too much cleaning to do!

Hi there,
Im just over the M8 from you :)

I have two bunnies from a rescue.

I'd like to know a bit more about your rescue :)

Welcome to the forum :wave::wave::wave:

Last edited:
Hi there,
Im just over the M8 from you :)

I have two bunnies from a rescue.

I'd like to know a bit more about your rescue :)

Welcome to the forum :wave::wave::wave:

Hi there! :)

You can click on the website link in my signature to find out more about us, or visit our blog on http://paws_here.livejournal.com. We're a small pet rescue that takes in unwanted rabbits as well as other small pets. We sell some pet products to help fund the rescue as well as boarding people's pets when they're on holdiay. We look after all our pets until we can find new homes for them. Thanks for wanting to know more! :)

Can I ask where you got your two rescue bunnies from? I wasn't aware that there was another rescue in the area--that's exciting news!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Can I ask where you got your two rescue bunnies from? I wasn't aware that there was another rescue in the area--that's exciting news!

I got my Bunnies from BARC (Barnsley) and Bunnyhops (Bolton)....i seen pics of them both on here and fell in love. My Herbie was abandoned and his teeth overgrew into his nose :(, he had to get his front teeth removed. Then Inca was in a terrible state, she has no tail and is deformed at her woman bits, she was scalded all over her back.....she still needs special care, but is getting there :)

I read your website, ive got to say that im not too keen on the breeding part to be honest :(

I got my Bunnies from BARC (Barnsley) and Bunnyhops (Bolton)....i seen pics of them both on here and fell in love. My Herbie was abandoned and his teeth overgrew into his nose :(, he had to get his front teeth removed. Then Inca was in a terrible state, she has no tail and is deformed at her woman bits, she was scalded all over her back.....she still needs special care, but is getting there :)

I read your website, ive got to say that im not too keen on the breeding part to be honest :(

The breeding part is really out of date to be honest--we don't breed any animal except hamsters, and even that is in extremly small numbers and they are bred by an absolute expert--someone who was on the national hamster council and edited the english hamster journal. It's just supposed to be a notice about how bad commercial breeding is basically. It's just to point out that buying from pet shops is not just ethically wrong in terms of how animals are kept and how poor their conditions are in big breeding centres, it's also wrong because breeding animals poorly greatly damages the species. It's just another article that attempts to encourage people not to buy from pet shops. But yeah, I realise that that is a little misleading--thanks for pointing it out.

Your bunnies seem to have had a very hard time! :( I'm glad they're in a good home now.

The breeding part is really out of date to be honest--we don't breed any animal except hamsters, and even that is in extremly small numbers and they are bred by an absolute expert--someone who was on the national hamster council and edited the english hamster journal. It's just supposed to be a notice about how bad commercial breeding is basically. It's just to point out that buying from pet shops is not just ethically wrong in terms of how animals are kept and how poor their conditions are in big breeding centres, it's also wrong because breeding animals poorly greatly damages the species. It's just another article that attempts to encourage people not to buy from pet shops. But yeah, I realise that that is a little misleading--thanks for pointing it out.

Your bunnies seem to have had a very hard time! :( I'm glad they're in a good home now.

Thats good to know :) Thanks
I think there are far too many animals at the moment to keep breeding all the time!

Thats good to know :) Thanks
I think there are far too many animals at the moment to keep breeding all the time!

Absolutely! I don't think anyone should breed animals for a good long time. All the rescues are just so full. It's such a shame. :(

Hi from a fellow scots:wave: .....Nice to see they are another scottish rescue out there in the central belt ....I have 10 rabbits at the moment who I have rehomed for one reason or other over the years .I will pop into your place the next time im in edinburgh to say hi.And hopefully get a few bunny hugs from some off your rabbits there .Just wanted to say welcome to RU :wave:

Back