• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

boo doesnt like me

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
after their spat, Boo spent the night in my spacious bathroom, but after a year he still wont let me near him, not even to stroke him, even after a year of coaxing him :( yet Louise said that he let her stroke him

I dont think Boo likes me :(

All I can say is it takes time, and it depends on the bunny. Sophie I have had from 8 weeks, and she still hates humans, but will take a nose rub whilst feeding. Both Belle and Frankei came to me very nervous, but with food and time he has come round and will com the the front of the cage and loves a cuddle and nose rubs on the couch. Where as belle will just not let me touch her while she feed, but once caught will settle down for a fuss.

I can't say why Boo let me, maybe its just because it was a stressful unfamiliar situation

Boo has never let me, and it seems that whiskey is the cuddly one with Boo and not the other way round. Maybe thats why they fought. Last time when they fought, it was whiskey looking fir Boo not the other way round. ive tried everything, sitting with him, letting him come to me, hand feeding, everything. He wont even let me touch him :(

Aw, its a terrible shame, we have buns like that, even after months of them only getting soft words, nice food and a cosy home. We sometimes despair, its even worse when you have had a cuddle bun in the past. I feel sorry for you. x

It took quite a while for Ogs to get his confidance with me. I started hand feeding him for like half of his nugget meal. For a few days, he was taking food out my hand, and then I made it so he had to put a paw on my leg to get the food (and then it went on like 1 paw, 2 paw, 3 paws.) Now when he is out, I can stroke his back and give him a noserub without thinking 'woah whats that' and is so confidant!

All my buns are treated the same, but Casper is still ever so frightened after 2 years. I've recently gotten a new addition who was so nervous it verged on aggressive, but he's much better after just a month. I think some bunnies will just always be a bit jumpy, its not anything you've done or haven't done.

Back