• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed please help

crazy daisy

Warren Scout
hi everyone i need some advice please if poss. My Daisy had a dental today as she had a wet mouth, i took her to a new vet as ive moved recently and canot travel to my old one. Its a long story and im not happy at all with them, firstly i was quoted about £75 for a worst case scenirio dental but was charged £125! She only had a dental on the 2nd of dec and that only cost £66 and that included an ambulance home. Anyway i queried it at the vet and i rang the again when i got home and im waiting to here back from a vet. i know vets charge diff prices but on my invoice from my old vet they charged £6.90 for an anesthetic but new one charged £54! :censored: But my question is that i was charged for a extensive dental but the vet nurse told me that they just burred down her molars and removed spurs. i thought an extensive d would involve ulcers etc but i wasnt given any pain relief as i was told dhe didnt have any. However my concern is that round her mouth has become wet same side as before. Would this mean that she is in pain and still cant eat properly? ive got pain relief at home but im not sure on her weight, she was 2.1kg but she has put on some much needed weight so i woulnt know how much to give he and i dont want to give her any if she doesnt need it.
Sorry for my long post but im so mad because i dont feel like its been done properly :evil::evil: Any advice would help. xx

apparantly the anthestic wasnt a mistake and when i said how much my old vet charged they just said oh diff vets charge diff prices! they also charged me £14 for a tube of fibreplex when i paid £8 before but ive never been given that before after a dental is this normal? didnt think about it too much at the time just glad to have my baby girl back!

Back