• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do people feel the need to breed?

Nancy Drew

Young Bun
I'm quite angry at one of my friends tbh, she is 17 and having a baby, which is not what I'm angry at her for, what I'm angry about is that around the time that the baby is due she is breeding her Lion head X French lop to a full Lion head as her one looks like a lion head :roll:, now I tried to point out to her that she may struggle with a new baby and baby bunnies, incase anything goes wrong, (just to try and get her off the idea) but she simply said that she'd cope.

She also recently inquired about a free agouti French lop, but turned him down as he was neutered :roll:.

I would say money, but I should imagine it'd work out that breeders (particually of cross-breeds) spend more money than they make. It is maddening though. :roll:

Remind her about the sleepless nights she may get and what if she has a difficult birth and can't move too much plus all the expense of a baby! I think she's mad!

Remind her about the sleepless nights she may get and what if she has a difficult birth and can't move too much plus all the expense of a baby! I think she's mad!

I agree with the above. Maybe you can try to convince her to postpone breeding (the bunny) until she's given birth (herself). (I know that it sounds funny!:lol::shock:)

I think it's probably the hormones. Pregnant women often do stupid things like getting puppies or decorating the whole house when their baby is due :roll:

What does she plan to do with the baby rabbits?:evil::evil:

I have had 2 calls today by people who have bred rabbits and now they don't know what to do with them. I just hope that the 'baby' rabbits aren't at the age where they can breed themselves or I will be angrier than I already bloomin well am.

So now I have to find space for 12 bunnies as well as another call on the answer machine.

Just tell your friend that the world is not short of bunnies!!!!

:evil::evil:

It's ok I'm going off to calm down and take deep breaths.

she needs to be told about the extra cost and realise it wont make her any money in the end, not by the time shes fed and reared them, what if the mom dies how will she cope then, does she know she will have to keep them for a min of 8 weeks before rehoming, thats if she finds homes for them all

apart from it being a silly idea of course, drag her to a rehoming centre get the rescue to lecture her about why they have all been dumped etc

shes crazy.there is no money to be made in breeding,infact she would be at a large loss.i know being pregnant does make you do crazy things but she realy needs to be talked out of it

Back