• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse- u/d 30th January

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
After a period of weight gain and generally doing well within himself Morse's weight has plummeted again :cry: It appears that his drugs are no longer as effective in controlling his problems :cry:

I fear that we are not going to win this battle :cry:

I will not be subjecting him to surgery

:cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no way he was doing so well!!!! I'm gutted :( come on Morse you handsome fellow you can beat this come on show us all what you can do! Sending mega vibes!!!!

Lets hope this is just a blip in an otherwise general trend of improvement. I know you weigh him regularly, do you chart this as well?

Thanks everyone

By not putting him through surgery I am not just 'giving up' on Morse. If it were just the one ear then *maybe* I would. But not both ears. It's just too much and I'd rather he had a good quality shorter time with me (god, I cant contemplate him not being here :cry:) than to go through huge invasive painful surgery which *might* afford him a bit longer, but there are no guarantees.
Also, should complications arise meaning even more extensive surgery were needed Morse would have to be refered. Morse travels BADLY :cry:

At the moment he appears to be OK within himself and he's still enjoying his food. I guess it'll be one day at a time now.................

What about trying chloramphenical ear drops if you haven't got anything to lose?

My Dominic has been having them for a while, and whilst it hasn't cured his infection, it definitely reduces the amount of pus and the bad smell :wave:

Oh im sorry to hear this:(
You know best and you only do the best for your buns so follow your heart and instincts. Morse trusts you and loves you so im in no doubt he will be happy with what you decide.
Thinking of you both with love

Back