• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new growing grass-anyone had gas problems

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hi
i read in the past about new grass in the spring can be rich and upset a rabbits stomach, would this also be true at this time of year? I have had 3 bunnies in the past few weeks come down with gas attacks and its the only thing i can put it down too. the only other different thing i've fed is a bit of timothy hay which they have all had in the past and some spinach but only a small amount the odd time and not even sure if the rabbit with gas attack had it the day before .
I have a bunny tonight that has a suspect gas attack. i've given him infacol and he has now started eating again but still doesn't look right. he's never had a gas attack before. he was out on the grass this afternoon for quite some time and then later went off his food.
anybody have any problems?

he was fine one minute then refused food and lyed down. classic gas symtoms. i'm happy to say he's eating again now after giving a dose of infacol and a tummy rub. It's never happened to him before.
this has happened with all of them. i've had gas problems in the past with other bunnies but haven't had it happen with any of the effected bunnies in at least a year or never which made me think it was connected. they all get out on the gras most days so are used to it but i thought it might be the time of year?

I doubt there has been much new grass growth lately :?

Did you wash the Spinach really well b4 feeding it ? Supermarkets tend to wash Veg in chlorinated water which can cause problems.

my grass has grown a little....shocking i know with the weather we've had, but i even had plants shooting out leaves!!
yes i did wash the spinach as i do all my veggies..but thanks for pointing it out

Back