• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick Q re Dust Free Hay

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Im about to make my first order with the Dust Free Hay co. Im just wondering do people buy a combination of stalky and soft or do you just tend to go for the stalky? Those that buy both what do your buns prefer?

I always buy stalky, i bought soft in the past for Kermit and he never touched it, since then ive always bought stalky.....Herbie & Inca go mad for it!!!

i recently bought one of each (thanks kermit:D) and eric prefers stalky out of the 2 but he's not bothered on either. esme prefers soft and my piggies like both (but they'll eat anything:roll:).

sorry - that reply really wasn't helpful!:oops:

I think if you've not tried it before, then I'd go for a selection of both soft and stalky - then you'll know which your buns prefer. Mine go mad for stalky and only nibble at the soft. I think as a rule of thumb, most buns seem to prefer the stalky variety.

I've never tried the soft one. My bunnies all like the stalky one, and I usually get 10 bags in one delivery. I might try the soft hay, though, as I just finished a bag of the Bunny Allgaeuer hay, which is quite soft, and all my bunnies went crazy about it. But that might be because it smells so good, Bavarian meadows, a little piece of home for me. :lol:

I just finished a bag of the Bunny Allgaeuer hay, which is quite soft, and all my bunnies went crazy about it.

My two have just finished their first bag of this and loved it too! Although they didn't like the soft DFH the one time I bought some, and will only eat the stalky stuff. Contrary bunnies :lol:

My x10 bales arrived today! I've filled their hay basket with it and they love it!! They haven't stopped nomming and they've already eaten their veggies.... their gonna pop at this rate :lol:

Well after the comments above I just went with stalky!! The pair of them are now stretched full out with furry feetsies sticking out behind think they over stuffed :lol:

Well after the comments above I just went with stalky!! The pair of them are now stretched full out with furry feetsies sticking out behind think they over stuffed :lol:

Im unsure of which to try, does the stalky have a lot of timothy in it?

I'm glad they like it, bless.

I'm not sure as Ive seen a few hays they look different but are sold as Timothy! This is definately coarse and 'stalky'!!

Ah ok, thanks,
I imagine they will eat both, since they like anything expensive. :roll:

I might just go for 5 of each.

There are always rescues I can give it to if they dont eat it I guess.

Back