• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit doesn't seem to like toys?

echitt

New Kit
Anyone else have this problem?

My holland lop, who just turned 1 btw, is SO incredibly picky about toys
its weird. I mean..he's so young, and we buy all sorts of toys for him.
We've bought that flip n toss carrot, balls, tunnels, chewable toys, balls
with bells, salt licks with bells at the end that hang down from his hutch,
toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, towels, newspaper, cardboard, etc, etc.

Point I'm trying to make is:
we've tried just about every toy we could think of!

Shouldn't a bunny LOVE playing with toys? Or is he just picky?
I certainly can't figure it out! ><

Milly wouldn't play with ONE SINGLE TOY I got her. :lol: I guess bunnies are just different in that way. Some like toys, some don't. But keep trying different toys, you never know which one he might like! :wave:

Mine only ever showed interest in things to eat/chew, they weren't into throwing balls around or anything.

Try a treat ball - I have a large plastic one and stuff it with hay with other treats such as bits of dried fruit or herb salad mixed in.

I also stuff treats as above into long tubes from kitchen roll, then stuff the ends with hay.

Also willow sticks/balls are good, especially the ones that come filled with grassy stuff.

Ours don't bother with toys! They just love big cardboard boxes and long tubes to throw around! They do love the tunnels though, they run through them and hide in them all the time!:wave:

He's got another bunny to play with >.<

She's a little netherland dwarf who is INSANE. She is a little lover
but could take down any cardboard box with ease. Maybe even take down
an actual building if you gave her the chance.

He seems to enjoy her company..kinda. He likes to pounce at her when she
bolts by and he kinda like paper towels now :D

little late, but hopefully this helps!

I recently adopted a dwarf bunny and we are having the same issues with him. I saw him toss a baby ring ONE time and is never interested in playing with his toys it seems. He DOES however, LOVE to dig! My carpet cannot handle it all!

In an effort to rescue my carpet and help out our little friend I cut down a box to an appropriate bunny size and filled it with crumpled newspaper and ripped up towels. He loves it because it's noisy, and what bunny does not like noise?! PLUS, for fun, the kids and I hide treats in there and he gets to dig them out. :) Good luck to you, and hopefully a year later things have improved! :)

Back