• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jester and Daisy have had a fight U/D Spring fever?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
I can't believe it, they're always so loved up :cry:

I heard them dashing about upstairs (which they often do, binkying about together) and went up to see them to find Jester chasing Daisy and attacking her! She ran over to me and leaned into me while mouth breathing / panting :( We had a cuddle for a bit and I checked her over and apart from fur pulled out, I can't see any signs of injury.

I checked Jester too and he's fine, but he went for her again while I was watching :shock:

After half an hour or so of sitting with them it seems ok and they're both just flopped out now (but not together).

I'm really shaken, I've never seen them do anything remotely like this before.

Do I need to do anything, should I stay upstairs with them today?

Last edited:
I have no advice but know how upset I would be if we were talking Tink and Roo, so can imagine what a shock it must be :cry::cry:

I really hope it's a one off and they get loved up again quickly :love::love:

Thank you :)

I just can't believe that my babies who are always so chilled and happy together have been fighting. It's totally out of character and now I'm freaking out in case there's something wrong with Jester and he's in pain and that's why. Also scared now in case Daisy retaliates and hurts him.

Off back upstairs to keep an eye on them.

Aw, what a nightmare.

I would be aware tere will be a reason for this, even if right now its not clear. It may be something bland like a different smell, it could easily be the start of breeding season (even affects neutered and spayed rabbits) or it could be something like one of them is ill, so keep an eye.

I think you need a big slab of chocolate as a nerve calmer. Poor you.

I've just given them some toys that came from Hay Experts this morning - they were both investigating the big tube thing I bought. Could it be that?

Thank you :)

I just can't believe that my babies who are always so chilled and happy together have been fighting. It's totally out of character and now I'm freaking out in case there's something wrong with Jester and he's in pain and that's why. Also scared now in case Daisy retaliates and hurts him.

Off back upstairs to keep an eye on them.

Also keep an eye on Daisy because some rabbits can tell when a bunny is ill before people can, and they can react by trying to drive them out, or fighting for domiancne, etc.

its a horrible thing to witness. i hope they settle soon. i would keep a close eye on them tho. i thought eric & esme were ok again after rebonding. i was wrong :( (don't worry tho, they were never totally the loved up buns that your 2 are).

gosh, could something have spooked them? are they both well? hopefully it's just a one off for you. i love seeing their piccies they always look so loved up. aw bless them big hugs to you, i'm sure it gave you a fright.

It must have been very scary for you...... and Daisy of course. I still hate seeing Alfie chase Bubbles around, even though she doesn't seem to care less and it's all a storm in a teacup; I'd probably die of shock if they had a real fight. :shock:

I have no helpful advice though. :( Just keep a close eye on them as others have already said and hopefully it will be a one off. It could well be season related - Alfie has begun humping season already this year. :roll::lol:

Let us know how they get on. x

I agree with sky-o, keep an eye on them both incase one is ill.

Alternatively do you have any airfresheners on you don't normally, anyone in the house using deep heat?

Also keep an eye on Daisy because some rabbits can tell when a bunny is ill before people can, and they can react by trying to drive them out, or fighting for domiancne, etc.

I agree with this. Molly went for Catkin bigtime prior to the Christmas period and I had to seperate him from her and Daz. Then Catkin went downhill and we were back and forth to the vets all through Christmas. He was suffering with sore teeth and a very poorly tummy. She must have known he was ailing for something.

So I would say definately keep an eye on them incase one is ill.

Thanks everyone for replies and advice :)

I *think* I have a case of early spring fever-affected male bunny on my hands! Jester has tried to hump Daisy several times, leapt on and off the windowsill five times (something I've never seen him do before :shock: ) and has been tearing about like a bunny lunatic!

I've just rearranged all the metal run panels to try and block off access to the window sill as I don't want him to hurt himself.

I'm hoping they'll calm down now as they've both been eating hay together in the same litter tray for a while.

Not sure what to do if Jester is going spring fever crazy already :?

The breeding season starts at the end of January in the wild and it seems to be an inbuilt instinct, so hopefully that means it is nothing sinister, just hormones.

The breeding season starts at the end of January in the wild and it seems to be an inbuilt instinct, so hopefully that means it is nothing sinister, just hormones.

Ah, that probably explains a lot! Fingers crossed it is just hormones then. How long does breeding season last? Hope I'm not about to have three or four months of bunny fights :shock:

Ah, that probably explains a lot! Fingers crossed it is just hormones then. How long does breeding season last? Hope I'm not about to have three or four months of bunny fights :shock:

Erm, to the end of August, lol, but generally the first bit and when the weather improves are the worst bits. I would expect him to get even worse at that time.

Erm, to the end of August, lol, but generally the first bit and when the weather improves are the worst bits. I would expect him to get even worse at that time.

:shock::shock::shock:
I'm going to have sit upstairs with a water pistol aimed at Jester until then! :lol:

Rum & Raisin have been fighting lots in the past 2 or 3 weeks, exactly as you've described. My carpet is covered in chunks of ripped out fur :(

I've put it down to "time of the year".

They've got better in the last few days and are starting to cuddle up together more.

Back