• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tallulah is being spayed...

Char-x

Wise Old Thumper
She went to the vets today because I had a suspicion she was either at extreme early stages of a fungal infection or she had parasites. But by the time we had got there, she was itching as much anymore and there was no dandruff annywhere :oops:

So thought I would ask while I was there for him to see if he could find any cysts on her because she had been extremely moody lately and constantly on Gypseys back. Blow me, he found um!

We discussed about hormonal treatment etc, but his advice was due to her age (2) and the fact she is a good weight and they seem to have come on suddenly but got big in that short amount of time (she had been checked a few months ago), he would recommend the spay because its likely she will suffer with them alot when she is older.

I am worried about it, but I know my vet wouldnt recommend anything unnecessary and I trust his oppinion because he is very into cavies. Plus with Gypsey, there was no problems and complications and I know he wont go through with it if any of the pre-op tests indicate she couldnt handle the op.

Please wish her luck that her operation is as succesful as Gypseys! It wont be until a few weeks, but still need some vibes!! ::)

Tallulah said THANK YOUUU
HooverBirthdayDinner19thJune08-057.jpg

My vet is great, he is open minded to suggestions but knows his stuff. He;s the one I am working with to do the paper of guinea pigs :D

Back