• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wilkinsons Hay price drop.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Wilkos hay is now £1.48 for 1.5kgs. It was £2.17.

It used to be rubbish but its new stuff and looks a bit "bitty" through the bag - its meadow hay and dust extracted and my buns are loving it!

I know many folks buy bales and feed better quality hay but my buns love the cheap stuff so thought I would pass this on x x x x

Thanks for letting us know Cat, i've had some problems with the last lot of bale hay i brought it gave my buns mites and i belive i lost my two buns in a round about way because of it. I'm popping in there tomorrow to stock up.:)

Yeah, I saw that today, thought it was quite good, I dont use it to feed them totally but put it in the litter box and feed handfuls of others hays as well, lol. They do eat it though.

I add some Readigrass to mine for them - but mine are hay trollops - they just love the cheap stuff!

I work there and have always thought their hay was **** - but its really improved - just need them to work on the rabbit food now!!!!!

I usually get my hay from Wilkinsons. My bunnies and chinnies love it and it's good cheap letter tray lining. they get their fancy hays too but it's more of a treat. :)

my buns like it and i buy a large bag of meadwo hay from a local pet shop in addition which they prefer for eating mostly (though sometimes are happiest on the cheap stuff!!) brillinat price especially for hay can be used as bedding folks and litter trays too even if you dont feed it xx

I bought this the other week, have been using it in the litter trays under my litter pellets, alot more cost effective than using the dust free hay!

thanks cat - just need to find a local wilko's:D

eric prefers burns green oat and the bag of cheap stuff i get from the garden centre - bought a bag yesterday and its gone up 10p to £1.99:shock:

I used to buy Bob Martins from Sainsburys.It was 1.49,then it went to 1.70,now I notice[after only about a month]its 1.90.Thats a 50p increase i less than 6months.Disgusting!:evil:

I bought hay once from Wilko's ages ago, but it was so yellow, it looked rubbish, But Deej will eat anything so it wasn't a waste of money luckily.

That said these days we're getting hay from an independent pet shop locally and the actual hay is really nice, long bits, and Deej adores it - can't get enough of the stuff. Will even eat lots of it when it's fallen out of the rack and into his tray/cage (rather than only eating a few strands if there's nothing else). :D

I get my hay from there. I use it for bedding really, and use nicer hay as food, but they always end up eating the cheap stuff, it seems they prefer it :roll:

I bought a bag today just filled the outdoor buns litter trays up with it so will see whats left later:) Last time i bought wilkos hay it smelt horrible but this smelt quite fresh

Pipkin wouldn't touch it but I might try Ruby with some of this... She was eating icky brown P@H hay earlier so she probably wouldn't have a problem with it.
Thanks!

Back