• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental advice

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Albie had his last dental in summer time, so putting him back outside wasnt an issue.

As its so cold, am i better to bring him in? Lottie currently isnt with him, he has gone it alone. Should i leave Lottie outside on her own, until Albie is eating again?

Whats best?

If I were you I'd bring them both in, but to an unheated room. Pickles is so sweet and supportive of Ginger if he has a dental without him. Has the poor little guy had his dental yet?

Bubbles needed a dental at about this time last year. She went alone to the vets but I brought Alfie in to be with her as soon as she got home. They stayed in the kitchen (with no heating on) overnight and the following day, then went back outside the next day, with a snugglesafe I (which they ignored!).

You might need to split them at food time to make sure Albie can eat if Lottie is a pig but otherwise I think they recover faster with their friend. :love:

I had a hospital cage set up in my bedroom for Brian last night so I could keep a close eye on him, but when I got him home, he was absolutely fine, and eating like a pig, so I put them back in their shed as normal.
I figured it would reduce stress to be back in their normal home, as opposed to being cooped up in a strange place.

I would say it depends how well he is and how warm his outdoor accomodation is.

Just wanted to add that, regardless of how well the bunny appears to have recovered, I think it's important to keep them indoors overnight, as they will have problems with regulating their own body temperature after a GA. My vets have always advised keeping the bun inside for this reason. :)

Yeah, sorry, should have mentioned my shed is totally insulated and its very warm in there, no drafts or anything.

Okay, i will bring him inside, will try bring Lottie in too, thats if they can both fit in the cage, its not very big?

And yes Karen, Lottie is a pig pretty much, takes the food out of Albies mouth when she can :roll: :lol:

Another thing to add is that it's best to keep them on one level overnight after the dental, as they can be wobbly after the GA, and may hurt themselves falling off a ladder or raised toy.

Back