• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit care sheet for a website

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
I can't remember if I ever posted this before but what the hey.

I'm soon hoping to go into business part time doing talks and workshops for children on animals and the environment. I used to do this with another company but they ran into severe financial difficulties last year.

Anyway the kids get to stroke/handle some of the animals but I wanted as much info on my website as possible. This is a care sheet I did for rabbits and it's been looked over and commented on over on the Fife Rabbit rescue forum but I wondered if anyone here had any comments too. I'm taking my time with the care sheets so have only done 2 so far (the other has been checked on a forum as well). The only thing is it hasn't been updated with our shed set up as I've yet to get decent pictures.

My mum reckons it's a bit too preachy in places but I think this is necessary. I did an extra page entitled "Home truths of keeping rabbits" which goes over the possible costs involved and also tries to dispell a few of the myths on rabbit keeping.

I have one show planned called "looking after pets" and I plan to show a picture of a rabbit hutch and tell the kids a hutch is OK if it's a big hutch but then show them a picture of a shed and say that a shed is better.

Anyway here's the two bits of the care sheet...

http://www.bugsnbeasts.com/care_rabbit.htm

http://www.bugsnbeasts.com/care_rabbit2.htm

This is the website itself

http://www.bugsnbeasts.com

Any suggestions and feedback are welcome (constructive obviously:lol:)

Last edited:
I just read the first one and think it's great - well done you! The only thing I would change is to have the list of fruit seperate from the list of veg, and point out that fruit should only be fed in small amounts and as a treat. Otherwise, fantastic! :thumb:

I've just had a quick read through and think that your information is lovely and clear, plus it's to the point. I think if anybody found your information when they were researching having rabbits, you'd have given them a very good place to start.

I do agree with the above comment about splitting the fruit and veg and mentioning that some of both should only ever be given in small quantities. It may be too much detail to explain why, i.e the problems with sugars, and calcium causing sludge/stones are important. Some green veg should also only be given in smaller quantities because of the calcium issues.

Great job, and of course I particularly like the fact that we (Make Mine Chocolate!) have been given a mention and are linked from your site - Thank you!!

All the best with your venture.

Helen

Hi there you two,

I've made the changes you suggested, I know curly kale has loads of calcium in it but is there anything else there I've not mentioned?

Also if anyone has any links to rescues and other reference pages I'll happily add links to them.

Have had a look at the pages & I think they are great, clear & informative, without information overload for new would be bunny owners. Really loving the pictures of hutches & sheds, showing people alternative ways of keeping a bunny, whilst acknowledging that they need plenty of space:thumb:

Back