• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb Litter ?

Cheeky

Young Bun
Does anyone use Megazorb litter? I've just seen it on The Hay Experts web site and it looks like good value for money but I've never seen it before. I'm trying to get away from sawdust!

There are many members on here who recommend Megazorb.

I have been using it for about 5 years now and think it is one of the best litters for rabbits.

It works out very economical as you only need a little of it.

It is kiln dried wood pulp and therefore is very, very absorbent.

It is relatively low dust and is very good at helping to keep odour down.

I line the litter tray with newspaper and then add a scoop of MZ then the hay on top. This works very well.

ive been using it a month (for the rabbits, lets be clear:oops:) and its great. less smell, less mess, and the buns are perfectly happy with it.

i tried carefresh but its terribly expensive and they ate it.

Just cover it over with some hay as you don't want them to start eating it as it's quite 'heavy'

anyone got pictures of it :oops::oops:
sounds stupid but i dont know whether it looks like mush or what

ohhh, can this be used as an alternative to sawdust as a floor covering?
I find that if use only newspaper on the floor it looks messy and she rips the paper up...
sorry for all the questions!

Yea, exactly. Sawdust can be dusty and affect their little lungs! Megazorb is much more absorbent and takes the stink away!

In the litter trays I use layered paper, megazorb and hay.

And questions are good :) Shows you will be a good bunny mummy!

I've started using this as cat litter too, my cats seem to like it because it's soft :)

I have enclosed litter trays though so it doesn't go all over the floor :lol:

Didn't realise it looked like that, i use carefresh and now i have 3 it's costing me a fortune! might give this a go! :)

anyone got pictures of it :oops::oops:
sounds stupid but i dont know whether it looks like mush or what

It kinda looks like the bits of paper you get in your pockets when they come out of the wash lol.

I was using sawdust until I heard about megazorb on here and there's a place not far from me that sells it. It does make the hutch smell nicer and is nice and cheap too :)

Back