• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lop confusion....

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Whats the difference between a Mini-Lop and a Dwarf-Lop....

I always thought Earl was a Dwarf Lop..... Is He?

How do you tell?

SIDE

photosforprinting216.jpg

FRONT

campearl-1.jpg

DISTANCE

photosforprinting189.jpg

Milly is a dwarf lop -
P1010521.jpg

and sweetpea is a mini lop -
P1010503.jpg

Her ears arent as long, and her face is sqwuishier.

P1010535.jpg

^ dont know if you can make it out by that, but Millys head is bigger and abit longer than Pea's.

But if one was on its own, I would be hopeless at guessing :lol:
ETA- Mills is also bigger in the body that Pea.

Mini lops are much smaller i believe... ive never seen a mini lop though. Seen alot of dwarfs. Your bunny looks like a dwarf lop :) xXx

Milly is a dwarf lop -
P1010521.jpg

and sweetpea is a mini lop -
P1010503.jpg

Her ears arent as long, and her face is sqwuishier.

P1010535.jpg

^ dont know if you can make it out by that, but Millys head is bigger and abit longer than Pea's.

But if one was on its own, I would be hopeless at guessing :lol:
ETA- Mills is also bigger in the body that Pea.

Oh how gorgeous :love::love: yes their faces can be squishier ...I love squshy faces :love:
from these photo's they do look similar

Oh how gorgeous :love::love: yes their faces can be squishier ...I love squshy faces :love:
from these photo's they do look similar

I SO wish that they were mine!!!!
They live at my primary school. Me and my best friend were in charge of them when we went there *proud face* :lol:.
We pop in there quite often to make sure they are ok. I just wish I could have them, Milly is such a darling :love: :love: :love:

God i bet its hard to tell them apart as babys - they all look like little buttons when babies! I get it now I think :D thanks all. I think ears ears are a bit short but I agree he looks more dwarf-y :D

this is where alvin has always confused me... he weighs to much to be a mini but hes got a real squished face and looks different to the other dwarfs on the block :?

i gave up trying to figure out what he is ages ago :oops:

see squished face
P7010120.jpg

Mini lops are smaller than Dwarfs, Mini lops should carry the dwarf gene but Dwarf lops shouldn't - counfusing I know :lol:

Back