• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bob not coming out much

lauras

Young Bun
Hiya everyone :wave:

I was just wondering what you thought about this.

Our rabbit Bob is usually out and about all the time (even if its just laying on the carpet) After his op he stayed in his cage more which was to be expected. We had to go away last week and he stayed with my mum and he was out ALL THE TIME. She couldnt get him to go in sometimes :D

Anyway since coming home hes sitting in his cage more again. Ive been working from home and he came out a bit this morning and then been in ever since. He also came out a bit last night. I know they are awake dusk and dawn but its strange he was out all the time at mums but not at home.

Do you think he doesnt like it here as much? He seems happy and is eating, drinking etc but Im worried he doesnt like it here. :(

What do you think?

Maybe because your mums was new he thought it was more exciting. Could just be that when he was there he got nosey and spent the whole time exploring. He knows his own home so won't feel the need to nose about. Can you change things around a bit to encourage him to be a bit more curious? Hide some treats in strange places?

i agree with mrs ord - being at your mum's was probably soooo exciting. some days i hardly see eric apart from at his 'busy' times but today he's gone binky mad as i've been moving furniture around. he's been so excited, he's totally zonked now:lol:

maybe rearrange some of his things? even put a couple of cardboard boxes in odd places for him to investigate?

i have a feeling mom fused and spoilt him a lot:lol:

my lot did this when they spent a week at my mums while i moved, they still perk up now when she visits, they go nuts when they see her, and she sneeks in veggie treats etc, cuz im the meannnnnn mom who only gives small amounts of food cuz i starrrrrrrrve them :lol:

would be interesting to invite your mom round and see how he reacts

only thing im really thinking is a freind to perk him up :D

Haha areia I have a feeling you could be right about mum spoiling him :D

Mrs ord - thanks for the good advice. He's actually out and about a lot more know which is good. He seems to have the witching hour late at night now. Bless him.

We have been wondering if he would like a friend but worried we don't have the space as we only have the ferplast double level cage and not sure if big enough for 2. We just don't have the space for anything bigger either. Also I was concerned whether it was too soon after his op. Really I just want what's best for bob and makes him happy :)

Back