• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leela is desperate for company/ UD post 42

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Leela has been on her own for a couple of weeks now since Larry attacked her out of the blue. The only reason we can see for this to have happened is that Larry was in pain with his neck. We now have this under control but we will not be rebonding them as Leela is terrified of him now :(

Since being on her own Leela has become really miserable. We thought there was a good chance a suitable male was coming here for her, but thats not happening now so we need to find her a friend asap. We have so many single bunnies but nothing suitable for her. We only have one other single house bunny and he is over 9 years old. Leela is only just coming up a year so we don't feel that would be fair on either of them :?

Obviously any bunny we take in has to fit our criteria as a sanctuary, but we are looking for a young male house bunny. Hopefully a nice laid back one as Leela is a bit nervous now. She has chronic breathing problems but is generally bright and lively :love:

Last edited:
Liz, did you see the 7 year old bunny in RIN? I know you said young male... and hes the opposite, but i thought of you straight away :) xXx

Oh no I never spotted him. Not really suitable for Leela but might still have a look ;)

Can't spot him, do you have a link?

Buzz my foster bun is DESPERATE for company. He has tried to bond with my two, Ralph and Ruby but Ralph boxes him and bit him on the nose. He was extremely open to Ralph (male) too, which surprised me, but served to show that he really wants compant. I haven't seen the description of the kind of bun you would want to bond with Leela Liz, but he is about 8 months old now, neutered, vaccinated and I'd be happy to contribute to all his future living costs.

Buzz my foster bun is DESPERATE for company. He has tried to bond with my two, Ralph and Ruby but Ralph boxes him and bit him on the nose. He was extremely open to Ralph (male) too, which surprised me, but served to show that he really wants compant. I haven't seen the description of the kind of bun you would want to bond with Leela Liz, but he is about 8 months old now, neutered, vaccinated and I'd be happy to contribute to all his future living costs.

Ooh, now that sounds very promising

I've struggled with deciding whether I should fully adopt him and get him a partner, or keep him as a foster. The positive side of keeping him as a foster is the fact that it would free up his living space when he did get adopted for me to take in other buns for rescues around here.

He wasn't treated well in his previous home and (along with many other things) the mother allowed her children to cut all his fur off with scissors. It is only just growing back and he is quite scared of people touching him (but isn't aggressive,) but he settles down when you sit with him and stroke him and has just got better over time.

Dougal would be ideal, hes so laid back, he would make a fab house bun but he doesnt fit the criteria :( Will keep my eyes open for you Liz.

xXx

We have Archie .. he is quite a big bun ..possibly about 2 yrs old .
not neutered yet but quite gentle but playful.

he has a wonky back leg bless him ...been examined by a vet (one our fosterer usese) and they say he has a badly mended break which has caused thickening of the bone .

not causing trouble at the mo but may have mobility probs as he gets older .

Thats a lovely thought, but he would have to have some kind of special needs to fit our sanctuary criteria as we cannot take in healthy bunnies

We have Archie .. he is quite a big bun ..possibly about 2 yrs old .
not neutered yet but quite gentle but playful.

he has a wonky back leg bless him ...been examined by a vet (one our fosterer usese) and they say he has a badly mended break which has caused thickening of the bone .

not causing trouble at the mo but may have mobility probs as he gets older .

Sounds more like it, but how big is big?

Leela is a little dutch cross but was with a NZW before Larry decided he didn't want to be with her any more :(

Back