• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wee baldy spot on Gracie's head

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Its about the size of a 20p the skin is pink but has two little bits that look like pin ****** :?. She lives alone and moved into the house a couple of weeks ago as she was not doing too great outside.

Im seeing the vet later, but just wanted to see if any of you could shed some light?

Thanks Linz, its the most bizarre thing, if she was with another bun i would assume over grooming. And its right next to where her ear lops, so not the easiest place for her to clean/overgroom herself :?. There are no sharp bits in her pen either so she can have caught it on something :?.

The only thing i could think was ringworm (or roundworm, the fungal infection one, i get them muddled up) but its a strange place for that :?.

hmmm yeah that is strange. yeah it could be mites or something which are fairly easily treated. i hope the vet knows what it is. it's so worrying when we things like that crop up. fingers crossed for her.

Im still none the wiser :?

Vet did a UV light test and took some fur to check, but he is doubtful it is ringworm or mites. I can do further ringworm tests if it does not clear. It would appear she has bumped her head and irritated the skin somehow :?. Its a mystery, but then again, thats bunnies for you huh? She has steroid cream (fuciderm) so we will see how that goes.

Back