• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor housing ideas-what do you think?

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

I've got Mo and Mist in a six foot hutch above a 6 by 4 run. I'm not happy with it as I'd like the run bit to be more open and airy and the hutch (because it has a ramp in it) just doesn't seem roomy enough.

I've been thinking of alternatives for a while. Unfortunately I don't have the space for a shed or play house for them so I thought something like this might be quite good. I would add something like a wooden box and a shelves maybe to create extra floor space and also add a permanent run. I'm also (eventually!) going to make the garden bun proof-I thought I had done but Mo the little wotsit managed to escape into next doors garden through the tiniest of gaps!

http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Storage/BillyOh-Garden-Store-Shed

Hi everyone,

I've got Mo and Mist in a six foot hutch above a 6 by 4 run. I'm not happy with it as I'd like the run bit to be more open and airy and the hutch (because it has a ramp in it) just doesn't seem roomy enough.

I've been thinking of alternatives for a while. Unfortunately I don't have the space for a shed or play house for them so I thought something like this might be quite good. I would add something like a wooden box and a shelves maybe to create extra floor space and also add a permanent run. I'm also (eventually!) going to make the garden bun proof-I thought I had done but Mo the little wotsit managed to escape into next doors garden through the tiniest of gaps!

http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Storage/BillyOh-Garden-Store-Shed

PS I'd also create some sort of window with mesh or an internal mesh door.

To be honest converting that bike shed into a hutch was so much work and needed a lot of extra timber too, added onto the cost of the shed it was a lot!

The next hutch I built I just built from scratch using timber from the local timber yard and it worked out a LOT cheaper. I made it 6ft long and about 5ft high with two levels and 2ft deep. I also made it out of thick wood so it is very sturdy.

Back