• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit waste

amycraig66

Warren Scout
Hello all,

I just wondered what everyone does with their waste once they have cleaned out litter trays etc. I now have 5 rabbits and I find that after cleaning out their litter trays daily I have bags upon bags of litter.
My bin men come every 2 weeks so I end up with a pile of black bags in my garden.

How does everyone else get around this?

Many thanks

Amy

mine go in a blacksack and then into the nonrecylable/animal waste bin
but our collection is weekly.

isnt rabbit poo good for the garden? :? :lol:

Hello all,

I just wondered what everyone does with their waste once they have cleaned out litter trays etc. I now have 5 rabbits and I find that after cleaning out their litter trays daily I have bags upon bags of litter.
My bin men come every 2 weeks so I end up with a pile of black bags in my garden.

How does everyone else get around this?

Many thanks

Amy

rather disgustingly, sometimes we have no choice but to leave them in the hall. sometimes my mum and dad come and collect some to take to the tip aswell. we also use the recycling bin and the garden waste bin as rubbish bins. :roll:

mine go in a blacksack and then into the nonrecylable/animal waste bin
but our collection is weekly.

isnt rabbit poo good for the garden? :? :lol:

Yeah i think it probably is but all tha hay that comes along with me emptying the litter trays would just look a total mess.

When you guys are saying the animal waste bin, is that something your council provides for you and collects from your home or is it at the tip?

Yeah i think it probably is but all tha hay that comes along with me emptying the litter trays would just look a total mess.

When you guys are saying the animal waste bin, is that something your council provides for you and collects from your home or is it at the tip?

Where i am we have 3 bins.

1 - Recycle
2 - Foodwaste
3 - everything else :lol:

With the leaflet we got through our door it says to put animal waste in bin number 3.

We have weekly collects, same day for all bins.

I have this trouble too - black bins emptied every 2 weeks and as soon as its empty i can fill it full again straight away! :roll: - I guess I should take it to the tip!

Where i am we have 3 bins.

1 - Recycle
2 - Foodwaste
3 - everything else :lol:

With the leaflet we got through our door it says to put animal waste in bin number 3.

We have weekly collects, same day for all bins.

Wow your council sounds like they are on the ball. We don't have this a 2 weekly collection for black bins and green bins in the week in between. We have been told no animal waste in the green bins.

Do you think that the tip will take the animal waste?

im in a top floor flat with 4 buns with a single wheelie bin so its up really early on dustbin day sneaking all excess bags into other peoples bins, if they have the space in them *whistles*:angel:

You could try putting it on freecycle for gardners :D It's the next best thing to horse manure apparently :D

Our neighbour has all ours thankfully for his veg plot & we get free veggies in return - with 24 buns we'd be at the tip every day if he didn't!! :shock:

im in a top floor flat with 4 buns with a single wheelie bin so its up really early on dustbin day sneaking all excess bags into other peoples bins, if they have the space in them *whistles*:angel:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: thats what i do! im every two weeks too and we dont have a separate bin all has to go in black bin:roll:

We are very very lucky. We can put rabbit waste into the brown garden bin along with food scraps and grass cuttings etc. We were also able to buy an additional bin for £20. Its excellent.

Mine all goes into the general waste I'm afraid :?

I wish they would collect it for composting because I don't have room for it in my garden.

I'm lucky - in Milton Keynes we have a weekly green bin collection and we can put rabbit waste and bedding into that.

I have around 10 black bags of waste every week. I take mine to the tip, but unfortunately our local tip won't take rabbit waste and go through all bags before they let you dump them :roll: I alternate between every other tip in Nottingham, so I don't have to go to the same one too often. It takes me ages and I have to go miles out of my way to go to the tip, but what else can I do?

I have parrot,bunny,ferret waste...all goes to the tip if I cant get it in the bins right on collection day.

I have around 10 black bags of waste every week. I take mine to the tip, but unfortunately our local tip won't take rabbit waste and go through all bags before they let you dump them :roll: I alternate between every other tip in Nottingham, so I don't have to go to the same one too often. It takes me ages and I have to go miles out of my way to go to the tip, but what else can I do?

Exactly :roll:...what are you meant to do! have you written to them asking for their suggestions?

I put mine in black carrier bags and put them in the general waste bin as we have no other bin...and haven't been told any different, but because I spot clean every day I have a lot of those carrier bags...and have to quickly throw one or two in OP bins when they're put out at night :roll: but I have gone to the tip when needed and overloaded :D

Exactly :roll:...what are you meant to do! have you written to them asking for their suggestions?

Oh yes...I've spent ages on the phone to the council! Nobody will take responsibility for it because the trade waste people say it's household, and the household waste people say it's trade :roll:

I managed to get them to offer me an extra bin (approx £16 per month) but my faith in them is so low after all the wrangling that I really don't trust them to empty it!

I can't put mine in the brown bin, if i take it to the tip i'm only alowed to put it in general waste so at the moment i'm putting it out for the rubish men (about 5/6 hudge black bads a wk) suprisingly they take it, well at the moment they do! I do feel bad putting it all out it looks terrible :oops:

Back