• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nethie & dwarf lop?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
i only have experience of little buns.

would you say that a dwarf lop is too big to even consider having a date with a nethie? obviously i know each bun is different and some people have little and large pairs which work fine but would a rescue consider the size difference between nethie and dwarf lop too great?

Our Nethie Geronimo, who weighs 900g, lives with Pancake, a dutch cross lop, who weighs 2.25kg! They get on great :D
This is Pancake:

009-Copy.jpg

they're gorgeous:D

i won;t rule out that size difference then....... maybe a german lop would be a bit too big tho;)

A dwarf lop should be fine with a Nethie :D

Simba was about that size and he and Tinkerbell were lovely together :D

tinas husbun to be is a lop a small ish one that i have hand reared so i hope she likes him when the time comes in the summer

Yep a dwarf lop would be totally fine with a nethie :D Some people on here have 'little and large' bunnies :lol:

Spill the beans Wendy, who is the dwarf lop? ;) xXx

:shock: i was just asking a question from you experienced guys:D

dwarf lop is bigger than mini lop, right?

My mini lop, Scamper, bonded herself to one of my male rabbits...and the one she chose was Captain Carrot (a giant conti) :shock:

I think you ought to have Luna for Esme ;) How cute would they look?! Im not normally a nethie person but when i met Luna :love::love: Oh my :love:

Hes with Vicky :) (x-vic-x) He was neutered last monday and had his teeth checked, all ok :) :love:

hmmmmm........

house is overrun at the moment - trying to bond 3 of my pigs at my feet right now too:?

realistically tho, i have to focus on finances........say if another bun needed dentals....... trying to talk myself out of it in case i mess up. anybun would have to be bonded well with esme first tho.

have a look at my siggie! bonded 4..... Generally what nethies lack in size they make up for in attitude! My bigger buns do occasionally chase the nethies (usually Rosie as she thinks it's only fair to eat all the carrots) but generally the lops can't get close enough when in chase mode to cause any damage, neddies are fast! Normally though they are as happy as larry together and i'll often see them partner swapping or even all having a snuggle.

Back