• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jabs

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Right Taking my little on in for jabs and nails clipped on fri,

Is there anything I need to watch for after she has injections, will there be side effects ect? :?

make sure they dont give the VHD and Myxi ones at the same time (if youve never had bunnies jabbed before, if you have ignore me lol)..

No I did not know that, will just have the one done then go back, which one would be best first? do you think

No I did not know that, will just have the one done then go back, which one would be best first? do you think

oh i cant remember.. i think my vet did the myxi first and then the VHD was atleast two weeks after. the mxyi one has to have a certain amount in the skin layer (technical terms are not my strong point :oops:).. my vet does a tiny bit in the ear first then the rest goes in the scruff of the neck.

okay glad I asked then, the receptionist didn't know much but she said the vet will tell me all I need to know:)

Just not looking forward to her spay, I know it has to be done, as we are getting a rescue bun as a mate for her. Just not looking forward to the 24 hours after :cry:

With the myxi check before hand if he is going to put some of it in the skin or in the ear.

Whilst you are having the myxi ask whether they can do the VHD one using Lapinject which causes less problems. If they will only do cylap ask if they will use a seperate needle to load the liquid into the needle and use a different needle to inject.

certain amount in the skin layer (technical terms are not my strong point )..

A tenth of the dose should be intradermally. Some vets inject the base of the ear, mine does it on the way into the skin at the scruff of the neck.

Back