• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dinstinctive bunny found

Awww! Hope he finds his home.:love::love:

"Vet's think that he was born without ears or they were surgically removed"...

Why would they surgically remove his ears?

Isn't it more likely that his mummy overgroomed him? :?

he may have had something like gangrene that they would have to operate for?
I suppose they are covering all possibilities.
I hope he finds his home soon.-sue:wave:

he may have had something like gangrene that they would have to operate for?
I suppose they are covering all possibilities.
I hope he finds his home soon.-sue:wave:

gangrene....niiiiiice! :shock: I didn't know bunnies could get gangrene in their ears!!

Aaw, he looks lovely. I hope his family find him, I bet he's well missed.:love:
Re. his ears, it doesn't look like he has any ear stubs at all, and I thought rabbits earless from overgrooming usually did... I'm sure the vets have examined him and are just going by what it looks like. He looks like a giant guinea piggy in the second picture ^_^

Aaw, he looks lovely. I hope his family find him, I bet he's well missed.:love:
Re. his ears, it doesn't look like he has any ear stubs at all, and I thought rabbits earless from overgrooming usually did... I'm sure the vets have examined him and are just going by what it looks like. He looks like a giant guinea piggy in the second picture ^_^

Not always. I know one with no stumps. I think it depends how much overgrooming the mum does. :)

well i don't know if they can either! but gangrene is something that can happen to tissue after injury in certain circumstances in humans so I'm guessing the same might happen to a rabbit?
I am thinking as gangrene is a type of necrosis(decaying) of tissue and my bun Chelsea's nose went black after myxi....and i was thinking if bun had been in a road accident or something?......

I hope someone with vet experience can tell us...?

Marie Kubiak on here?

what reasons would a bunny need ears amputated :(-if ever? -sue

well i don't know if they can either! but gangrene is something that can happen to tissue after injury in certain circumstances in humans so I'm guessing the same might happen to a rabbit?
I am thinking as gangrene is a type of necrosis(decaying) of tissue and my bun Chelsea's nose went black after myxi....and i was thinking if bun had been in a road accident or something?......

I hope someone with vet experience can tell us...?

Marie Kubiak on here?

what reasons would a bunny need ears amputated :(-if ever? -sue

It'd probably need a special reason. Ears are very important for temperature control, and I'm sure they do something to stop infection :? so it'd be interesting to know what would cause amputation. :)

more likely its the media adding that bit without thinking- I think most likely over grooming by mum too.-sue

a lovely bunny though. I really hope he gets back home or finds a new loving home if the former is not possible.:)

This is scaary I am actually ON THE SAME ROAD as where this bun was found!!! I work here in Acocks Green near station road :shock::shock::shock:

Don't recognise him or know who he belongs to though :cry:

Back