• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay suppliers/farms in Manchester area...?

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Dunno how much luck I'd have with this. :oops:

I've got six bunnies now. Keeping up with their hay demands is tricky when I need to order bags and bags from online places, or take a two bus journey to my 'local' P@H. I'm wondering if anyone in the area knows of a farm or hay supply type place?

We do not have a car, so would be looking for a place which delivers? I'm unable to drive around searching, and for some reason I must have turned really bad at searching via Google.

Any suggestion as to places in the area would be gratefully accepted..!

here are two that were recommended to me. one was really rude to me on the phone though, can't remember which one though. :?

http://www.nose-bag.com/?ref=www.havealink.com

http://www.bealhey.co.uk/

eta: it was bealhey that were rude to me on the phone. nose bag were really nice and will deliver even if you only need one bale. think it was £7.50 delivery though. that might have been because i only wanted one though and it was during all the bad weather and snow. she was nice on the phone though and they were going to come out in the snow for me because i had run out of hay. :)

Last edited:
beal hey were great with me - absolutely lovely. i am phoning them again at lunchtime - i'll let you know how i get on!

didn't wait - they were fine on the phone. last time, they delivered the same day. fingers crossed....

Last edited:
I use nosebag as well :) though have never needed anything delivering.

They also sell Megazorb, pellets, and Excel treats :) A bale of hay is £4.50 and Bella loves it. Since buying this she has shunned all her expensive stuff (thankfully!!).

beal hey were great with me - absolutely lovely. i am phoning them again at lunchtime - i'll let you know how i get on!

didn't wait - they were fine on the phone. last time, they delivered the same day. fingers crossed....

maybe she was having a bad day when i phoned.

I can't believe Olivia would be rude! I spent my entire break discussing bunnies with her once :roll: :lol::lol: And her OH who drives for her on an evening is a superstar! He came even when we had our first lot of snow. He brings the hay in to exactly where I want it :lol::lol: May be just caught her off guard. Shaw gets tonnes more snow than we do. I wonder if you caught her just after digging the road:lol: But I am sorry you have had a bad experience with her :( Especially as it is me who recommended them to you

Mind you I have had bad experiences with other places cos I only want two bales of hay, or a bag of pellets and I want it delivered.

I can't believe Olivia would be rude! I spent my entire break discussing bunnies with her once :roll: :lol::lol: And her OH who drives for her on an evening is a superstar! He came even when we had our first lot of snow. He brings the hay in to exactly where I want it :lol::lol: May be just caught her off guard. Shaw gets tonnes more snow than we do. I wonder if you caught her just after digging the road:lol: But I am sorry you have had a bad experience with her :( Especially as it is me who recommended them to you

Mind you I have had bad experiences with other places cos I only want two bales of hay, or a bag of pellets and I want it delivered.

she wasn't impressed i wanted ONE bale of hay and delivered aswell. maybe rude isn't the word, maybe a bit er... stern, blunt??

she sounded quite disgusted actually that i only wanted one bale!! :lol:

ah well, they might have been having a bad time of it with all the snow and deliveries. x

she wasn't impressed i wanted ONE bale of hay and delivered aswell. maybe rude isn't the word, maybe a bit er... stern, blunt??

she sounded quite disgusted actually that i only wanted one bale!! :lol:

ah well, they might have been having a bad time of it with all the snow and deliveries. x

I had that with a different local supplier, cos I only wanted one bale. I have changed to them, but my minimum order is 2 bales, plus I am not that far from them. Its only cos someone bought one of mine off me, that I am short, cos they ran out and didn't tell me :roll: I supply a little nethie around the corner Its taken him a year to get through a bale of hay :lol:

I had that with a different local supplier, cos I only wanted one bale. I have changed to them, but my minimum order is 2 bales, plus I am not that far from them. Its only cos someone bought one of mine off me, that I am short, cos they ran out and didn't tell me :roll: I supply a little nethie around the corner Its taken him a year to get through a bale of hay :lol:

aw, bless, :lol::love:

she did say middleton just for one bale of hay was too far. which i can understand. x

ooo this is good, i want to try different hay as my bunny doesnt seem to love the hay i get from wythenshawe. which out of the two would you advice trying first? I dont know if i can store a whole bale though as i live in a small flat.... any sharers??

ooo this is good, i want to try different hay as my bunny doesnt seem to love the hay i get from wythenshawe. which out of the two would you advice trying first? I dont know if i can store a whole bale though as i live in a small flat.... any sharers??

You can come and buy half a bale off me to try, I get mine from Beal hey, the bunnies love it lately!

You can come and buy half a bale off me to try, I get mine from Beal hey, the bunnies love it lately!

That would be great! Thanks! I have about 2/3 weeks supply of hay left so can I come in about 2 weeks? I drive, so whenever is best really :)

That would be great! Thanks! I have about 2/3 weeks supply of hay left so can I come in about 2 weeks? I drive, so whenever is best really :)
Thats fine, just PM me and let me know. I will order extra, as I will probably be ready for another order in 3 weeks time

sorry, no i haven't had both. i haven't had proper bales :cry:

but, my delivery from bealhey came today - olivia phoned to say she was short some of the hay and did i want to wait for the full order or did i want some of it now - helpful, i thought. and here it is. megazorb and 2 hays now, 4 hays to follow. so far, i am very happy. and my bunnies. they are happy bunnies, too, because the hays came in a nice box that you can go into and out of, and jump on top, and hide in....:lol:

Back