• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

collapsible runs

Tempest

Warren Scout
I've seen people discussing outside collapsible runs. And I was just wondering does anyone use these as permanent runs that the rabbits have constant access to?

You see when I start keeping rabbits again I was thinking one of those would be a good idea, as when I eventually move out I can just fold it up and take it with me that much easier.

What does everyone else think? Also we have foxes in the area, would it be better when the time comes to go for a fixed run with that in mind?

Ive used the collapsible rabbit runs before and although i found them good and very handy being able to store away I dont think they were as sturdy as a fixed run. If i knew there were foxes in the area i think id deffo go for a fixed run

After looking at some pictures to see how these ones hinged inwards (though to be honest its the only way they can really), you right. A fox could probably push at the middle panels that hinge together and find a way to get at any buns inside.

A fixed run it is then! :)

TBH I don't think it would matter one jot to a fox whether it was fixed or collapsible. If a fox is that close to your buns, he would just dig under the run and get to them that way.

If there's any doubt that there are foxes about, I wouldn't leave the buns unattended in a run.

Just thought that you might be using the run on concrete or the like - :oops:

TBH I don't think it would matter one jot to a fox whether it was fixed or collapsible. If a fox is that close to your buns, he would just dig under the run and get to them that way.

If there's any doubt that there are foxes about, I wouldn't leave the buns unattended in a run.

Just thought that you might be using the run on concrete or the like - :oops:

:D the plan is before I get any buns, we're going to concrete the space the where the hutch and run are going to stand. I'm actually leaning more towards making it myself/get my dad to do it :lol:

That way I can do things like mesh on the inside and outside of the run frame without too much hassel, have tiny weld mesh thats really strong etc.

It's worth mentioning though, for perhaps people that are new to rabbits. If I weren't going to have the run on concrete the buns would need supervising while inside due to foxes and the bun's could also dig out :D

Back