• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

vaccinatioms?

Shauna

Warren Scout
this may be a dim question but im new to looking after rabbits :)

do they need vacintations? because i was reading through some posts and i think i read that they do but just wanted to make sure before i go to the vets tomro

thankyou x

Hiya Shauna!!!!
Hows that bun settling in???
Bunnies have 2 vaccs...myximytosis and VHD.
Myxi is twice yrly....usually march and then oct..Nozzies are more prevailent then but your vet should advise you.The VHD is once yrly...and given 2 weeks after the myxi jab.Not that expensive....
Have you enquired after buns owners?? Any pics???xx

Yes, they'll need myxomatosis and VHD jabs 2 weeks apart, usually myxo first.
Your vet might suggest that they have the myxo jab every 6 months if you're in a high risk area. I always have mine done every 6 months, as it's a good excuse for a check up as well.
let us know how you get on.

thankyou, i found him in my neighbers garden earlier today but im taking him/her to the vets tomrow so i can make sure everythings as it should be and get his eye looked at because i think a cat attacked him :(
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=3556746#post3556746
heres my thread from earlier

so im having to research quickly how to care for a rabbit because ive got 6 guinea pigs but never had a rabbit!

and this site is really usefull!

Glad you like us!!!! Ive learnt loads since being on here!!
Incidently,there is a SEARCH button along the top...Pop a word in there and it will give you any threads with that particular word in it.Thats quite useful!!
The myxi jab should be given with the needle going into part of the ear,then withdrawn and put into the neck.Its a funny jab but at least given like that its stronger and better in the bunnies system (or something like that anyway!!)

Just looked on the thread. Well done for rescuing him, and what an absolute cutie!
In a way I hope no one claims him, as I think he'll have a lovely life with you ;)
This forum is really useful, so ask away!

i thought i was being selffish thinking that lol :roll:

ill speak to the vet tomrow because i need him to sex it for me.. from what ive readi think its a boy but i need him to double check
:)

Back