• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'll be off to the vets with 3 of mine this week U/D been to the vets

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Rainbow: He keeps sneezing
Paddy: He keeps scratching the back of his neck and he's made it all sore looking
Jose: For her VHD (might as well get it done whilst i'm there)

I dont seem to have any luck with my buns, I must have spent hundreds on vets bills since I got my first one (Jose) in June

Last edited:
Oh no :( I wonder why hes started that scratching again :? How odd. Hope the sneezing is nothing bad :( xXx

Oh no :( I wonder why hes started that scratching again :? How odd. Hope the sneezing is nothing bad :( xXx

I've got no idea, i've checked his fur and cant see anything :? Last time he just scratched his ears and it was Peaches who scratched her neck, but this time Paddy's scratched his neck worse than Peaches did and he's started to scratch his ears again :( Luckily Peaches seems ok. I'm going to put some of the steroid cream on again tonight to see if that soothes the itching a bit. Their ears were checked twice by 2 different vets and both said they were clear :?

Abi commented on the sneezing when we picked them up but she said there was no discharge or anything so it's probably just that he's got something up his nose. His nose seemed a tiny bit wet earlier, but that may have been cos he'd just had a drink, so I'll check on it before I go to bed (he's flopped atm so i dont want to disturb him :) )

xx

I've got no idea, i've checked his fur and cant see anything :? Last time he just scratched his ears and it was Peaches who scratched her neck, but this time Paddy's scratched his neck worse than Peaches did and he's started to scratch his ears again :( Luckily Peaches seems ok. I'm going to put some of the steroid cream on again tonight to see if that soothes the itching a bit. Their ears were checked twice by 2 different vets and both said they were clear :?

Abi commented on the sneezing when we picked them up but she said there was no discharge or anything so it's probably just that he's got something up his nose. His nose seemed a tiny bit wet earlier, but that may have been cos he'd just had a drink, so I'll check on it before I go to bed (he's flopped atm so i dont want to disturb him :) )

xx

I was prescribed a steroid cream for Gizmo who had injection sight soreness and hairloss and I didn't use it as I was worried about the side effects and him injesting it, I bought some aloe vera from pets at home but, found wiping it gently with warm boiled water to keep it clean helped, use a clean cotton wool pad on each wipe though. Are his ears hot? It could be mites, apparently all buns have a very low level of them and if they are low or sustain an injury/wound it can allow them to multiply sufficiently to become an irritant. Good luck at the vets x

I took them to the vets this afternnon and the results were :

Jose: had her jab and was very cheeky, the vet found her hilarious :D

paddy: the vet is sending away hair samples as she thinks it might be ringworm. The results could take about 2 weeks.

Rainbow: has been prescribed a 2week course of baytril as she thinks the sneezing might be mild snuffles. She said something about some rabbits being carriers and stress might bring it out??

The bad news was that Jose has the start of small spikes on her back molars :0( she said her teeth were 'ok' but not brilliant - more hay eating is needed I think!

Last edited:
Back