• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello

Shauna

Warren Scout
Hello i'm Shauna and i haven't had a rabbit before but ive always kept guinea pigs and need some advice

today my neighbour come round because there was a rabbit running around her garden and after about half an hour i was able to catch it (by hand) and it seems really friendly.

ive put it in a spare hutch of mine and took it down to my nans to put in her shed because its warmer, filled it with hay an put some carrot and rabbit food in until it settles down because its scared.

i think a cat tried to attack it but the wound on the eye is minor and ive bathed it, but tomro im going to the vets.

any advice is really appreciated :)

Is it a wild rabbit or does it look like it is someone's pet? You could maybe try ringing rescues or the police to see is anyone has reported a missing rabbit.
Well done you for catching it and keeping it safe.

No advice on the wound I'm sure someone more experienced will be by soon x

i think its someones pet because its really friendly and looks abit like a lion head maybe? ill post some pictures so you can see

i think its someones pet because its really friendly and looks abit like a lion head maybe? ill post some pictures so you can see

Maybe would be a good idea to phone about and see if anyone has lost a bunny then. Oh pics is a good idea to! x

Hopefully,Bun hasnt been dumped for some reason or another.Wonder how long its been free? Keep an eye to it,if Bun has been living rough,he may have picked up an infection.
Well done for catching him.May he continue to be safe in your care...and perhaps,if you dont manage to find the owner,you may be a new bunny mummy????:wave:

Hello Shauna :wave:

Well done for catching the bunny and looking after him/her and also for coming on here for advice. It is lovely that you took the time and effort to ensure its safety and well-being because there are some people that wouldnt.

It does sound more like a pet rabbit than a wild one - would be good to see pictures. I hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow with helping with the wounds.

I hope the bunny wasnt dumped too - he/she could have been or he/she could have escaped. Either way, it sounds like it is safe now.:D

Good luck with phoning local vets and rescues to see if anyone has lost a bun.

You've come to the right place for any advice you need though. :wave:

thankyou and if know one claims it then ill defiantly be a new bunny mummy :) but tomrow ill start searching for its other owner if there is one just in case :) and im a active member on the guineapig forum so i know how important it is to get advice to provide good care!

and sorry about poor quality pics i didnt want to use flash to scare him/her

240120101983.jpg

240120101982.jpg

Aww bless she/he is very cute. I hope someone hasn't dumped her.

I would advise as others have said and see if she has a home and has escaped. If not you may have acquired yourself a beautiful bun.

thankyou and if know one claims it then ill defiantly be a new bunny mummy :) but tomrow ill start searching for its other owner if there is one just in case :) and im a active member on the guineapig forum so i know how important it is to get advice to provide good care!

and sorry about poor quality pics i didnt want to use flash to scare him/her

240120101983.jpg

240120101982.jpg

It is soooo adorable!! Good luck and keep us updated :) x

Aww bless she/he is very cute. I hope someone hasn't dumped her.

I would advise as others have said and see if she has a home and has escaped. If not you may have acquired yourself a beautiful bun.

i really hope he/she wasnt dumped to! but tomro im starting my search so we'll just have to see :)

but i defiantly be happy if i can give it a forever home if the search isnt sucesful :)

i really hope he/she wasnt dumped to! but tomro im starting my search so we'll just have to see :)

but i defiantly be happy if i can give it a forever home if the search isnt sucesful :)

:lol::lol: I can see why, what a cutie, well done for saving him/her - probably wouldn't have made it otherwise being so dinky I think it may have been cat food or fox food. Maybe fate has brought you together ?;)

Hi Shauna:

Just a word of caution . .

Though you may like to ring local vets or rescues to see if someone has reported him/her missing, personally I would not put up posters with piccies etc saying 'Found' as you will undoubtedly get people claiming him/her who are just after a free rabbit - and as you may know free rabbits can be 'used' for all sorts of things.

Personally I rely on the fact that if someone loves and cares for the rabbit THEY will put up posters and have contacted vets etc to leave messages. If they don't care enough to do that then tbh they don't really love their rabbit enough.

Its up to you how hard YOU try to find his/her old home and how much you leave it to his original owners. But do avoid the poster route.

He/she is very very cute!

i wasnt going to put up posters because i i dont want someone to think snake food! because i know about free ad sites and it really upsets me

so ive asked people in the area who i know if they know of anyone missing a rabbit, and then ill ask rescues and the vet and see how that goes :)

He/she is beautiful. What a lovely little bunny. I can see the eye though, it looks really sore.

You have done a lovely thing by looking after him/her. Will you keep us updated as to how you get on? :wave:

yh it does look really sore, but im taking him/her to the vets tomrow so ill let you know what they say tomrow night

just a quick update.. just been to check on the rabbit (still deciding on a name) but i believe hes a little boy but the carrot i put in has almost gone so im taking this as a good sign :)

Back