PDA

View Full Version : Jaki's new indoor run :o) New Pics P4, new improved! Some newer pics p6, got mat now!

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 01:17 PM
With thanks to my cousin (Kermit) and her great ideas, my fiance and I have made an indoor run for Jaki :D So far so good, hope she likes it!! Here are a few pics...any suggestions of how to make it better are welcome.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/006-1.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/010-2.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/013-2.jpg

Thanks,

Mandy x

louise and Gus
24-01-2010, 01:39 PM
It's nice, I would put the cage at floor level, so she can have constant access to the run, is that possible, If you do that you should cover the door with cardboard or something so she doesn't get her leg caught. I would keep an eye to see if she can reach that wire, if so can you unplug it or plug it in somewhere else? If you make the run two panels high all the way round she could be in the run all the time

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 01:42 PM
It's nice, I would put the cage at floor level, so she can have constant access to the run, is that possible, If you do that you should cover the door with cardboard or something so she doesn't get her leg caught. I would keep an eye to see if she can reach that wire, if so can you unplug it or plug it in somewhere else? If you make the run two panels high all the way round she could be in the run all the time

Hey, thanks for replying. The cage is only going to be used for night time, she will be in the run all day while I'm at wor, there is a wee bed thing under the cage for her to go into during the day if she wants to lie down. Also her potty is under there to. Yeah my fiance has put a plastic covering over the plug and I'm hoping the wire is up high enough so she can't nibble at it. The run is 2 panels high apart from one slot so I can get in and out, not very tall so can't stretch my wee leg over 2 panels :lol: I'll pop one on when I'm going out and what not.

Thanks again for the advice x

LilVicky
24-01-2010, 01:44 PM

i agree with Louise,

The cage will be better off on the floor, so she can go in and out as she pleases.
And the panels should be x2 all the way around, so that she cant jump out, as no doubt she might try ;) you could always remove one to get in and out and then put it back?

looking good though! :D
Lucky Jaki!! :love:

VickiP
24-01-2010, 01:58 PM
:wave: Hi, awwww thats gonna be nice for her to move around in, I liked the idea for covering the socket, I think that was good thinking. If it were mine I think I would put the base of the cage on the floor full of hay and let her use it as a litter tray / sitting spot, I would put her blanket in the carrier and put the lid on it as a bed area for her. I would also put an old sheet over the frame of the cage stand and make like a tent. What I would deffo do even if you don't want her using the cage base as a litter tray is get her a square one, I'm not keen on the corner ones I find them awkward, more so for males though. I think you can shop around and probably get one in poundland even and it will just enable her to have hay in there aswell to nibble while she tiddles:lol: Was she a good girl having her nails done?

VickiP
24-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Oooh just another thought aswell, you can pick up some cable trunking/conduit, it clips over cables just to rule out she won't stretch up and try and nibble the cable above the covered socket. Most DIY stores sell it I think by the metre for a couple of quid. Just to be on the safe side :D

lildebs
24-01-2010, 02:06 PM
:wave: I agree with above it seems such a waste to have her in the cage at night when if you lowered it she could have constant access and excercise to the pen area, lots of hay inside the cage too as already mentioned...literally cover the floor of the cage (you could line it with newspaper first if you wanted), it's a main part of the diet, a good boredom breaker and good for her teeth :D buns are not hard to toilet train so I'd get an oblong litter tray to put in the pen...you will soon see where she 'prefers to go' :oops: keep it in same place all the time :D

VickiP
24-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes I wouldn't bother with the top part of the cage if the NIC cubes are high enough just put it away and use the bottom, you can always maybe get a cheap bit of net curtain or an old sheet to peg over the top of the bits she might jump out of if your worried, I think it will do her head in if she is put back in the cage, I know my little male would have a fit if I did that to him:lol:

neenee
24-01-2010, 02:14 PM
i think you can get specially made stairs ;) so she can go up and down to her cage but it would give her more room (underneath the cage)
not sure if the cage is too high though? :?

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow thanks for all the advice, the only reason for me not putting the cae og the floor is lack of space, I wouldn't have anywhere to put the wee bed thing if I put the cage on the floor, and to be honest I'm not sure she would jump in and out of the cage as a while ago before we go the cage stand it used to sit on the floor and when she had free play time she wouldn't go near the cage. And Also I have nowhere to keep the lid of her cage if I had to take it off and there is defo not any room to have it as a tent like area.

I like the idea of an oblong litter tray though, will defo look into getting one of those. My cousin (Kermit) used them and I agree they are much roomier than the traingle one I have.

This is just a temporary run until I get married and move to married quarters, there she will have a full garage to run mad in!! Can't wait :)

Vicki - Didn't get a chance to do her nails, he was only back for a day :( and to be honest, he had a long lie as he has been working really hard (in the army) and the next thing we knew he was away again :( I'm gonna get her to the vets and get them done, just while he is away. Her back ones aren't to bad actually x

p.s also going to get wee mats to civer the floor a bit as it is a bit slippy for her but for the time being she is managing ok x

VickiP
24-01-2010, 02:17 PM
i think you can get specially made stairs ;) so she can go up and down to her cage but it would give her more room (underneath the cage)
not sure if the cage is too high though? :?

Have you rang the vets? She said earlier that the cage is for nightime I think stairs might be a bit dodgy myself :?

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Have you rang the vets? She said earlier that the cage is for nightime I think stairs might be a bit dodgy myself :?

Yeah I would't get stairs the cage is to high and she isn't a very confident little bunster when it comes to climbing, thankfully lol. That's why I'm not worried about her getting out of the space only 1 high x

lildebs
24-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I think she'll have more room overall on a 24hr basis with the cage on the floor, she will go in it eventually particularly if there is some hay in there for her...maybe it doesn't interest her as it is?
I too would avaoid stairs..may be too slippy as it's quite high, and if her nails haven't been clipped may be dangerous too, sometimes pet shops will do nails, thats where I go and pay 3 each bun :D

bluebunny
24-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Id just use the cage base as a litter tray inside the run.Thats what i used to do when id got my pen set up indoors like this
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/madstaff/000_0735.jpg

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I think she'll have more room overall on a 24hr basis with the cage on the floor, she will go in it eventually particularly if there is some hay in there for her...maybe it doesn't interest her as it is?
I too would avaoid stairs..may be too slippy as it's quite high, and if her nails haven't been clipped may be dangerous too, sometimes pet shops will do nails, thats where I go and pay 3 each bun :D

Her cage prob doesn't interest her lol who would be interested being in there all the time!! I'll give it ago but to be honest she seems fine the wat she is, with the cage being up there it guves her somewhere to hide under as I know she loves to hide!! Got a couple of pics of her lazing about which I will post shortly

We clipped her nails, 2 weeks ago for the first time. As it was the first time my fiance didn't want to clip to much as she is a black bun we read on her to be caeful about her vains (the vet cut her to far down once and the blood was everywhere!!) So her nail's aren't to bad, they just need a wee trim which I will get sorted. Not sure about pet shops round here that does that tbh but 3 is a far cry better than the vets!! xx

lildebs
24-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Yes def give the cage on floor a whirl as some one said try and do it like a tent (like we use to do when we were kids) :lol:...something to entice her in it and hay WILL help..like blue bunnys set up :D....I don't think the vets charge an awful lot though for nails and at least you know they've been done correctly right length etc :D

VickiP
24-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Her cage prob doesn't interest her lol who would be interested being in there all the time!! I'll give it ago but to be honest she seems fine the wat she is, with the cage being up there it guves her somewhere to hide under as I know she loves to hide!! Got a couple of pics of her lazing about which I will post shortly

We clipped her nails, 2 weeks ago for the first time. As it was the first time my fiance didn't want to clip to much as she is a black bun we read on her to be caeful about her vains (the vet cut her to far down once and the blood was everywhere!!) So her nail's aren't to bad, they just need a wee trim which I will get sorted. Not sure about pet shops round here that does that tbh but 3 is a far cry better than the vets!! xx

:thumb: thats all sounds cool, she is going to love the garage as long as it has natural light aswell, otherwise you might have to get a little shed instead :lol: Saying that B & Q are doing them now for 89.99 6x4, I paid 179.00 for mine:roll: I think they are such a bargain I am tempted to get another one and join them together :lol:

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Id just use the cage base as a litter tray inside the run.Thats what i used to do when id got my pen set up indoors like this
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/madstaff/000_0735.jpg

That is really lovely actually it doesn't look to overwhelmed by the base of the cage! I'll give it a go, now to find somewhere for the lid of the cage lol, my mum will do her nut if I fill the cupboard with anymore **** :lol:

Thanks again for all your adivce, just so glad she has somewhere to roam about now, I think she loves it as she is all sprawled out on the floor lol x

VickiP
24-01-2010, 02:40 PM
That is really lovely actually it doesn't look to overwhelmed by the base of the cage! I'll give it a go, now to find somewhere for the lid of the cage lol, my mum will do her nut if I fill the cupboard with anymore **** :lol:

Thanks again for all your adivce, just so glad she has somewhere to roam about now, I think she loves it as she is all sprawled out on the floor lol x

Awww sounds good x

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 02:40 PM
:thumb: thats all sounds cool, she is going to love the garage as long as it has natural light aswell, otherwise you might have to get a little shed instead :lol: Saying that B & Q are doing them now for 89.99 6x4, I paid 179.00 for mine:roll: I think they are such a bargain I am tempted to get another one and join them together :lol:

I'm not sure what the garage is like yet, still to go up and have a look about and see what the houses are like. Will be doing that once the boss is back lol.
Wow that's expensive for a shed!!! Hopefully the garage will be ok *fingers crossed* x

lildebs
24-01-2010, 02:41 PM

Poor pic but you get the idea :roll:

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab188/lildebs_2009/kennel-2.jpg

lildebs
24-01-2010, 02:42 PM
don't know what happened to my reply :roll: anyway that's what I'm getting soon for Bella and Oscar :D

bluebunny
24-01-2010, 02:43 PM

Ive just bought some little rugs from dunelm they were only 1.99 you could put some of those on the floor to stop her slipping,Bet she will love all the space:)

VickiP
24-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure what the garage is like yet, still to go up and have a look about and see what the houses are like. Will be doing that once the boss is back lol.
Wow that's expensive for a shed!!! Hopefully the garage will be ok *fingers crossed* x

Yes hopefully it will be alright, or have a door other than the up and over door which you could always get OH to make a 'frame' and cover with wire to stop predators getting in and her getting out and clip in on the open door. Either that or give her a little section of the lounge or dining room or spare room maybe? She might prefer that, I would imagine she will miss the interaction if she is on her own or are you going to get her a little partner?

VickiP
24-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Poor pic but you get the idea :roll:

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab188/lildebs_2009/kennel-2.jpg

oooh I like that, how much is it?

lildebs
24-01-2010, 02:46 PM

Under your bed, top of wardrobe :lol:

lildebs
24-01-2010, 02:47 PM
oooh I like that, how much is it?

290! fortunatley he is only in the next town to me 10min drive! but I found it on ebay

VickiP
24-01-2010, 02:50 PM
290! fortunatley he is only in the next town to me 10min drive! but I found it on ebay

I like that, it looks good, lots of natural light and a nice size bed area, the front of the open bit looks OK to drop down a cover like a tarpaulin or mozzie net aswell not toooo big. Is it just a private seller then, who made it or was it made to order?

lildebs
24-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I just typed in dog kennel with run quite a few came up, one actually with rubber floor lining which was 320 but too far, he does make them to measure and you can alter things ie which side you want the door etc and other add to's, I'm going to cover it in a tarpaulin fixed like a cover all around and then a drop down see through shower curtain or similar at the front, mosquito net at front mine have theirs on the current hutch constantly, also get one or two 'levels' in the shed area...just thinking of ideas really so I'm organised when I put in my order! I'm also thinking of having the run door half and half with possibly full wood at the bottom section???

Kermit
24-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Looks good mandy.....If you put the base of the cage on the floor then you can put the top and the legs in my garage out the way if you want?

Also, i have a carpet mat you can have if you want to come pick it up.

VickiP
24-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I just typed in dog kennel with run quite a few came up, one actually with rubber floor lining which was 320 but too far, he does make them to measure and you can alter things ie which side you want the door etc and other add to's, I'm going to cover it in a tarpaulin fixed like a cover all around and then a drop down see through shower curtain or similar at the front, mosquito net at front mine have theirs on the current hutch constantly, also get one or two 'levels' in the shed area...just thinking of ideas really so I'm organised when I put in my order! I'm also thinking of having the run door half and half with possibly full wood at the bottom section???

Thanks I will have a think, I would like something like this to join onto my shed I think. Thats sounds great what your planning :D x

VickiP
24-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Looks good mandy.....If you put the base of the cage on the floor then you can put the top and the legs in my garage out the way if you want?

Thats great, nice to have family around to help :D

lildebs
24-01-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm not suggesting you get one! just showing mine off :lol::lol:

VickiP
24-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm not suggesting you get one! just showing mine off :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: No I like it, nicking the idea :lol:

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Under your bed, top of wardrobe :lol:

Under the bed is full already lol, top of the wardrobe is a good idea!! I've got some pics of how i've improved it, posting them now x

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Changed a few things from advice from on here :) Hope it's better now lol

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/022-1.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/023-1.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/024-1.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/025-1.jpg

Not sure if I prefer it the other way tho?! What do you reckon? x

bluebunny
24-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Thats much better:)

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes hopefully it will be alright, or have a door other than the up and over door which you could always get OH to make a 'frame' and cover with wire to stop predators getting in and her getting out and clip in on the open door. Either that or give her a little section of the lounge or dining room or spare room maybe? She might prefer that, I would imagine she will miss the interaction if she is on her own or are you going to get her a little partner?

My OH is no way DIY orinetated lol!! I'm going to get her a husbun once we move, would never have her on her own out in the garage, to be honest she will prob be indoors more anyway cos with my OH being away ALOT i'll be lonely indoors and couldn't haver her outside on her own lol x

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 03:26 PM

That will be brilliant, thanks Kirsty :) Is it ok to get it 2mwr? I'll bring your hay down to, sorry didn't get your text this morning my phone was on silent!! x

LilVicky
24-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Looks good :wave:

VickiP
24-01-2010, 03:34 PM
My OH is no way DIY orinetated lol!! I'm going to get her a husbun once we move, would never have her on her own out in the garage, to be honest she will prob be indoors more anyway cos with my OH being away ALOT i'll be lonely indoors and couldn't haver her outside on her own lol x

Awwww that looks much better for her, I think. I bet she is loving all the attention today aswell ;) That's nice she will be good company for you, they are lovely to have around, never a dull moment when my Gizmo is out and around the lounge, he scared the life out of me last night, just jumped vertically up onto my lap - I hadn't even heard him coming, I should have called him Ninja :roll::lol::lol:

VickiP
24-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Just watch she doesn't jump up on the carrier and nibble the wire, maybe move it over a bit more away from the wire on the wall :D x

louise and Gus
24-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Looks great now :) I'm sure she'll love it :D

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Just watch she doesn't jump up on the carrier and nibble the wire, maybe move it over a bit more away from the wire on the wall :D x

Will move it right away, glad I asked for advice on here, better to do things right I guess! x

VickiP
24-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Will move it right away, glad I asked for advice on here, better to do things right I guess! x

Yes you did the right thing to ask, everyone wants to help aswell so don't be afraid to ask. Jaki is a lovely bun :love:

lildebs
24-01-2010, 03:48 PM
:thumb: fab!! I'm sure she'll be a happy bunneh :D

lildebs
24-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Always ask it's a learning curve for all of us...I've just discovered you can put a snugglesafe cover in the micro wave along with the pad!! :lol::lol:

Tuckerbunnies
24-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Defo the set-up on page 4. Much better for Jaki :D

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all your help guys :o) She seems happy enough!! Hopefully it will prove a success, tonight will be the big decider whether I keep her out all the time or not, sure they have to sleep sometimes! x

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all your help guys :o) She seems happy enough!! Hopefully it will prove a success, tonight will be the big decider whether I keep her out all the time or not, sure they have to sleep sometimes! x

Thats meant to be a :) lol no idea why its a shocked face!! x

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 04:20 PM
My dad has gave me a big massive mat to put down, fits perfectly and she doesn't slip! Also she manages into the bottom bit of the cage no problem x

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/030-1.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/032-1.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Button4709/037-1.jpg

capel
24-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Well done!! :D:D That's a lovely set-up. Hasn't she tried to climb out yet? Our little fosterbun Dave is tiny but has managed to clamber out of a pen whose sides are 3ft high.:lol:

LilVicky
24-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Jaki is a lucky bunny to have a setup like that! :love:

fluffiebunnie
24-01-2010, 04:58 PM
The changes you have made are great, and I know you are doing everything you can to make your bunny's home great :D

:oops::oops: but I am still concerned about the wire (sorry this is the only thing I feel needs sorting out) :oops::oops:

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 05:22 PM
The changes you have made are great, and I know you are doing everything you can to make your bunny's home great :D

:oops::oops: but I am still concerned about the wire (sorry this is the only thing I feel needs sorting out) :oops::oops:

Oh ok, what are your concern's? Any advice I can get it welcome.
The NIC cubes seem fine and she hasn't when near it at all.

Capel - Nope she hasn't even tried at all, she is a well behaved bun so far lol x

fluffiebunnie
24-01-2010, 05:25 PM

Capel - Nope she hasn't even tried at all, she is a well behaved bun so far lol x

I would worry that the wire above the plug that is not covered can be reached.. either by climbing on the carrier or stretching up towards it from the floor. I hope you dont think I am not criticising anything - in fact I think the changes you have made are great :D

Kermit
24-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Awwww, Jaki is looking good in her new pad.
I hope that she behaves and still jumps into the litter tray to do her pee's!

Do you still have that plastic pipe stuff that Gran gave you? If you do then you could fit that over a bit of the wire.

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I would worry that the wire above the plug that is not covered can be reached.. either by climbing on the carrier or stretching up towards it from the floor. I hope you dont think I am not criticising anything - in fact I think the changes you have made are great :D

Oh that wire lol sorry I thought you meant the wire on the cube thingies.
She defo can't reach it when she is standing on her two back legs, she isn't very tall. And to be honest she isn;t a confident climber. I'l keep an eye on it tonight and if I feel she is showing interest I'll figure out somewhere to move the lamp, it's just a good place to put the lamp as it can give her sme light when it gets dark.

No not all, I really am thankful for all the wonderful suggestions and help from everyone today and I just want to make sure its perfect for her, you merely have a worry and that is totally fine with me for you to tell me what you honestly think hun :) x

fluffiebunnie
24-01-2010, 05:29 PM
She defo can't reach it when she is standing on her two back legs, she isn't very tall. And to be honest she isn;t a confident climber. I'l keep an eye on it tonight and if I feel she is showing interest I'll figure out somewhere to move the lamp, it's just a good place to put the lamp as it can give her sme light when it gets dark.

No not all, I really am thankful for all the wonderful suggestions and help from everyone today and I just want to make sure its perfect for her, you merely have a worry and that is totally fine with me for you to tell me what you honestly think hun :) x

Phew :oops: :D

Lillian
24-01-2010, 05:30 PM

I agree, it could happen.

Could you put something over it? I taped all my wires against the wall with strong wire tape stuff and the bunnies have never bothered with them.

Everything looks fab :):wave:

lildebs
24-01-2010, 05:31 PM

my hat goes off to you for taking on board peoples suggestions and not taking them to heart because they are not intended to be that way what -so- ever.....the pipe is a good idea though :lol::lol:

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 05:33 PM
my hat goes off to you for taking on board peoples suggestions and not taking them to heart because they are not intended to be that way what -so- ever.....the pipe is a good idea though :lol::lol:

I'll look into the trunking thingy, sure even pounland may sell something like it. Going to go there and get her a long litter tray so i'll have a look x

Kermit
24-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Going to go there and get her a long litter tray so i'll have a look x

Poundland dont have them any more, they have them in Wilko's in Motherwell for 1.50 ish.
If you go over there they also have a bag of hay for 1.50, its complete rubbish, but ive been using it for under the pellets in the litter tray and its great for that!

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Poundland dont have them any more, they have them in Wilko's in Motherwell for 1.50 ish.
If you go over there they also have a bag of hay for 1.50, its complete rubbish, but ive been using it for under the pellets in the litter tray and its great for that!

Oh where about's is Wilko's?

I tried the hay in the litter tray and she ate some pellets, thats when she took not well the last time :?

She is actually sitting in the corner that isn't covered with the mat sleeping :lol: So cute! x

AilsaDS
24-01-2010, 05:44 PM
WOW!! you've done an awesome job on this.. well done :thumb:

I agree with everyone else regarding the wire though honey (sorry) she could easily jump onto the carrier & that would give her access to the wire.
Most rabbits love to jump.. might take them a lil while to gain in confidence but I doubt it'll be long before she tries.

Phillip jumps everywhere.. on his cage, on/off the sofa etc :lol:
& they like being up high :lol:

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 05:46 PM
WOW!! you've done an awesome job on this.. well done :thumb:

I agree with everyone else regarding the wire though honey (sorry) she could easily jump onto the carrier & that would give her access to the wire.
Most rabbits love to jump.. might take them a lil while to gain in confidence but I doubt it'll be long before she tries.

Phillip jumps everywhere.. on his cage, on/off the sofa etc :lol:
& they like being up high :lol:

Going to look into the trunking thing, she really isn't a jumper though honest she isn't. If I see her looking like she is interested I'll defo move it somewhere.
Lol moved the full room to suit the little miss so im sure one more little lamp won't hurt x

Kermit
24-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Did you miss my earlier question?? Do you still have the plastic pipe stuff from gran? That would do to cover the cable x

VickiP
24-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh where about's is Wilko's?

I tried the hay in the litter tray and she ate some pellets, thats when she took not well the last time :?

She is actually sitting in the corner that isn't covered with the mat sleeping :lol: So cute! x

Awww you have been busy today, maybe you need a rest like Jaki :lol: If your moving over to a square litter tray you don't even need the pellets really, newspaper under some hay would be Ok but, you need to clean it everyday so it will use more hay, thats why people use the cheaper stuff in litter trays and hay the hay racks for the nom nom hay. My buns tend to go in the same place in their litter trays which if means I can use the cheap hay all over and build up the front where their head is with some other types of 'nicer' hay. Have a look on here at the yummy hays, dandelion and plaintain are really good for her digestive system too :D https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hays%2C+Grasses+%252526+Herbs.4/?osCsid=80a1e8qj696pvacg36v4h7bc44
Most people find a good farm nearby to buy it, even if you can't store it in bales you can break it up into bin liners and it works out cheaper, maybe do a thread asking for 'local' good hay farms near you. x

Snowberry
24-01-2010, 05:55 PM

I agree I would remove the wire. I have a bun who isnt a climber, naughty or a chewer. Yet she managed to chew through an cable and electricute herself. I would plug it in somewhere else, you can never be too safe, especially if she is alone during the day.

VickiP
24-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Going to look into the trunking thing, she really isn't a jumper though honest she isn't. If I see her looking like she is interested I'll defo move it somewhere.
Lol moved the full room to suit the little miss so im sure one more little lamp won't hurt x

:lol::lol: Even that silver duck tape over it would make it less attractive to her, I think what people are saying is that black rubbery stuff is appealing to them for some reason, I should know two of my lap top charger cables got caught (not plugged in thank god) and I was sitting with it at the time, little tyke cost me a fortune :roll::lol:

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Did you miss my earlier question?? Do you still have the plastic pipe stuff from gran? That would do to cover the cable x

I did sorry :oops: I'm using that for another bit of wire that goes along the floor, that would be ideal tho cos it is really good stuff. I think for the time being I'll cover it in tape, but I really don't think she will go anywhere near it x

hurricanhoney
24-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Its looks great and what a beautiful shiny rex bun. :love:

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Awww you have been busy today, maybe you need a rest like Jaki :lol: If your moving over to a square litter tray you don't even need the pellets really, newspaper under some hay would be Ok but, you need to clean it everyday so it will use more hay, thats why people use the cheaper stuff in litter trays and hay the hay racks for the nom nom hay. My buns tend to go in the same place in their litter trays which if means I can use the cheap hay all over and build up the front where their head is with some other types of 'nicer' hay. Have a look on here at the yummy hays, dandelion and plaintain are really good for her digestive system too :D https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hays%2C+Grasses+%252526+Herbs.4/?osCsid=80a1e8qj696pvacg36v4h7bc44
Most people find a good farm nearby to buy it, even if you can't store it in bales you can break it up into bin liners and it works out cheaper, maybe do a thread asking for 'local' good hay farms near you. x

Thanks for this advice on Hay. My cousin (Kermit) buys in the hay for us in bulk, so to be honest I don't take to do with the Hay buying until I need to purchase it off her. I've also got a few bags of different types of Hay that Kirsty got me to so I'm all set for that thaks :) x

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 06:02 PM
:lol::lol: Even that silver duck tape over it would make it less attractive to her, I think what people are saying is that black rubbery stuff is appealing to them for some reason, I should know two of my lap top charger cables got caught (not plugged in thank god) and I was sitting with it at the time, little tyke cost me a fortune :roll::lol:

Lol thats weird I just said that about the duct tape, going to do it now.
Yeah she has chewed throught my laptop wire to and the broadband cable a few times to, thankfully she hasn't done it in a while!! x

mini lop1
24-01-2010, 06:04 PM
defo the second one :wave: looking good :D

VickiP
24-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Lol thats weird I just said that about the duct tape, going to do it now.
Yeah she has chewed throught my laptop wire to and the broadband cable a few times to, thankfully she hasn't done it in a while!! x

:lol::lol:

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 06:06 PM
:lol::lol:

The wire is all duct taped up now so think thats me sorted.
She seems to be sitting in the one spot and not doing anything, thought she would be more excited and exploring lol x

VickiP
24-01-2010, 06:08 PM
The wire is all duct taped up now so think thats me sorted.
She seems to be sitting in the one spot and not doing anything, thought she would be more excited and exploring lol x

:lol::lol: She's probably shattered, you will be later too :lol: Give it time, she will love it I am sure x

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 06:13 PM
:lol::lol: She's probably shattered, you will be later too :lol: Give it time, she will love it I am sure x

Hope so, sitting in the middle of it now getting cuddles :lol: Well seeing daddy is away again x

Becky86
24-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Wow that looks fab! What a lucky little bunny :) Youve improved the set up loads since the first pic :)

Your bunny is gorgeous btw xXx

Jaki5
24-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Wow that looks fab! What a lucky little bunny :) Youve improved the set up loads since the first pic :)

Your bunny is gorgeous btw xXx

Thanks :) I'm still secretly preferring the first pic :oops: Since I've changed it she hasn't moved from the one spot, not sure if she likes it either x

drpengie
24-01-2010, 10:51 PM
wow that's great! I voted for second set as the cage was on the floor! :D

VickiP
25-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks :) I'm still secretly preferring the first pic :oops: Since I've changed it she hasn't moved from the one spot, not sure if she likes it either x

:wave: Really? The only thing it could be possibly is the mat then, it may have different smells on it perhaps, maybe put her fleece blanket that is hers on top of that and she might be more relaxed, she is probably unsure as it kept changing, if you leave it one way for a while she will get used to it I am sure and enjoy moving her little toys around where she wants them :D

kaths101
25-01-2010, 12:16 AM
yes the second layout is def the best - i had something similar when i first got charlie as he came with his own cage. I took the cage bit off and just kept the base, Your bun will take a few days to adjust to the new room but she will get used to it and like it. I havent read all the posts but I found charlie could jump in and out of his tray fine, so you dont need the wooden ramp - unless she has trouble jumping.

Biscuit Bunny
25-01-2010, 11:09 AM
hello :wave:

Lucky Jaki, looks like you have had a very productive weekend.

Loving the rug especially.

Biscuit takes ages to accept any changes to her room, so Jaki will be loving it soon promise, hope she didn't keep you awake all last night though.

The only thing I would add at a later date, if any room is a cardboard box open at both ends and/or a tunnel.

Biscuit's messy room for ideas, need to take more recent pics, her collection of tunnels and toys have increased:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2m27yjc.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/281d91x.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2jedais.jpg

Jaki5
25-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Clare,

Can't see your photos on this stupid computer at work ,will have a proper look at home.
She had a great first night, woke me up a few times but thats just cos I was over paranoid and not used to hearing all these sounds but i'll get used to it.
She has settled down now, I think your all right in sayingit would take her time but she appears to love it now.
The true test will be seeing if she is still here when I get home :lol: Here's blooming hoping so!! x

Biscuit Bunny
25-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi Clare,

Can't see your photos on this stupid computer at work ,will have a proper look at home.
She had a great first night, woke me up a few times but thats just cos I was over paranoid and not used to hearing all these sounds but i'll get used to it.
She has settled down now, I think your all right in sayingit would take her time but she appears to love it now.
The true test will be seeing if she is still here when I get home :lol: Here's blooming hoping so!! x

She sounds like one very spoilt and pampered girlie :D

Jaki5
25-01-2010, 11:53 AM
:wave: Really? The only thing it could be possibly is the mat then, it may have different smells on it perhaps, maybe put her fleece blanket that is hers on top of that and she might be more relaxed, she is probably unsure as it kept changing, if you leave it one way for a while she will get used to it I am sure and enjoy moving her little toys around where she wants them :D

Talking about toys, is there any that you can advise me on to buy? She seems bored with the ones she has and I spent a fortune on alarge choob thing and she goes nowhere near it!! Her daddy bought her a wee dumbell thing and again she avoids that to, she is so fussy it's unreal! x

VickiP
25-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Talking about toys, is there any that you can advise me on to buy? She seems bored with the ones she has and I spent a fortune on alarge choob thing and she goes nowhere near it!! Her daddy bought her a wee dumbell thing and again she avoids that to, she is so fussy it's unreal! x

I find a favorite is a cardboard toilet roll (inside tube) stuffed with hay, I sprinkle some Burgess excel bits on the hay and maybe some dandelion and then stuff it in the tube, you can hang them aswell. You can get the treat balls aswell which are good you can put some pellets or again the burgess apple bits in it and they have to roll it around to get them out, works well although mine prefer the cardboard tube, they don't eat the cardboard though so that is something to keep an eye on, when they get to the cardboard push the hay out one end and stuff the other end again. You could even have a little lunchbox of ready mixed hay, apple bits and dandelion ready to refill. x

Jaki5
25-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I find a favorite is a cardboard toilet roll (inside tube) stuffed with hay, I sprinkle some Burgess excel bits on the hay and maybe some dandelion and then stuff it in the tube, you can hang them aswell. You can get the treat balls aswell which are good you can put some pellets or again the burgess apple bits in it and they have to roll it around to get them out, works well although mine prefer the cardboard tube, they don't eat the cardboard though so that is something to keep an eye on, when they get to the cardboard push the hay out one end and stuff the other end again. You could even have a little lunchbox of ready mixed hay, apple bits and dandelion ready to refill. x

Do you get the Burgess stuff from P@H? Is cardboard not good for them? Reason I ask is she chews her choob thing and thats made of cardboard. I'm going to P@H tonight for a wee look will see what I can find x

VickiP
25-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Do you get the Burgess stuff from P@H? Is cardboard not good for them? Reason I ask is she chews her choob thing and thats made of cardboard. I'm going to P@H tonight for a wee look will see what I can find x

Hi yes Burgess do a couple of different hays, PAH used to do the Timothy Hay but, don't seem to stock it now :evil: No cardboard whilst not beneficial shouldn't be harmful if small quantities, what I meant was if she chewed half a loo roll tube you would need to remove it and monitor her with it rather than leave it, I leave the hay poking out each end and they stop and start throwing it when they get to the tube:lol: PAH do sell dried dandelion and lots of nommy goodies in the naturals range. You'll have to say what you got now - nosey :lol:

Jaki5
26-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi yes Burgess do a couple of different hays, PAH used to do the Timothy Hay but, don't seem to stock it now :evil: No cardboard whilst not beneficial shouldn't be harmful if small quantities, what I meant was if she chewed half a loo roll tube you would need to remove it and monitor her with it rather than leave it, I leave the hay poking out each end and they stop and start throwing it when they get to the tube:lol: PAH do sell dried dandelion and lots of nommy goodies in the naturals range. You'll have to say what you got now - nosey :lol:

:lol: I ended up getting her a pink litter tray (which she hasn't used :evil:) and I got her this wee ball thing that had holes in it so I filled it with various hay and some pellets and she loved it, she was flinging it about all night :roll:

Once I'm paid I'm going to get her alot more stuff to play with, just need to hope she starts doing the toilet in the right place again! x

Biscuit Bunny
26-01-2010, 04:03 PM
:lol: I ended up getting her a pink litter tray (which she hasn't used :evil:) and I got her this wee ball thing that had holes in it so I filled it with various hay and some pellets and she loved it, she was flinging it about all night :roll:

Once I'm paid I'm going to get her alot more stuff to play with, just need to hope she starts doing the toilet in the right place again! x

Hi there

Biccy has a pink litter tray too :D, we use newspaper with lots of hay on top, covering whole tray, and she loves to munch while doing her business.

Glad she does appreciate the ball thingy though.

Biscuit's Mum!
26-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Only one thing missing - a wascally wabbit!:shock: