• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellet questions

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Ruby is 9 weeks old tomorrow. I have had her for just over a week now and she has turned from a shy little critter to a cheeky bun who thinks she owns my whole bedroom.

I have been feeding her Oxbows Rabbit Pellets. They are the timothy version for adults. I understand that there is another one for youngsters however I can not get this from my vet who is the only place in Western Australia that I have found to sell Oxbows range of products. I would prefer to stay with this particular brand as well as I have heard only good things about it.

Now my main question is, should I be free-feeding her the pellets or restricting them to say half a cup a day (or less)? What are the requirements?

Cool that makes it easy. :) Thanks!

So at what age do I start to restrict them? I was also giving her a bit of lucerne chaff - which is basically chopped up lucerne hay. No grains or anything like that. Is this ok to continue giving her - and should it be restricted or not?

Back