• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snugglesafes

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Either I am the kind of person who likes baths/hot water bottles really hot, or my snugglesafes are duds. How hot are they actually supposed to get? I got them in the post yesterday and heated them in the microwave for 5 mins and they were luke warm. I heat them for another five mins and then they are... body temperature warm... (like the temperature of a forehead.)

Is that as hot as they go? Have I spent £25 on THAT?

Hmm i do mine for 7 mins and i would say they are almost as hot as my hot water bottle, they are not meant to be burning hot, i believe they stay at 52 degrees for upto 8 hours.

Try giving them a shake after heating...sounds odd I know but thats what I do with mine and it seems to distribute the heat :oops:

I think it says to leave them in the microwave for 1 minute after heating and I find this makes a big difference and yes I heat mine for 7 mins too

Either I am the kind of person who likes baths/hot water bottles really hot, or my snugglesafes are duds. How hot are they actually supposed to get? I got them in the post yesterday and heated them in the microwave for 5 mins and they were luke warm. I heat them for another five mins and then they are... body temperature warm... (like the temperature of a forehead.)

Is that as hot as they go? Have I spent £25 on THAT?

You might now of overheated the snugglesafe which would mean it is now not working properly. There is a warning on the packaging not to overheat as they will not work properly after that.

I heat mine for 7 minutes only and leave for 1 minute and they are quite hot.

I think it says to leave them in the microwave for 1 minute after heating and I find this makes a big difference and yes I heat mine for 7 mins too

I agree with this. I heat mine for 7 minutes :oops: And i find if you dont leave them in for the extra minute after heating they dont get half as warm. I think its the extra minute sitting that makes them hotter :)

Sometimes when i carry them out of a night time they are too hot for me to carry all the way down the garden in my hand, i pop them under my arm :oops:

My microwave is an 800w and I heat mine for 6 mins then leave in there for 1 min to stand. They are hot to touch ( without cover on ) and in fact I have to use a cloth to pick mine up with. I would check the wattage of your microwave.:wave:

My microwave is 900W and I heated them for ten minutes and nothing...

I think they are duds... I bought them on ebay for £50 :( :( :(

If you heated them for 10mins I think you have probably broken them by overheating. I put mine in for 7mins (3.5 on each side) and I agree they are only warmish, but if you leave it to stand for the 1min as per the instructions they get a lot hotter.

They are not meant to get THAT hot. They are designed to be warm for a long period of time rather than hot for a short period of time. You should be able to hold them in your hand quite comfortably without pain.

they seem better when i do them not in cover, i do rosie's for about 6mins,it gradually gets warmer after the 6mins the microwave has been on, they are not meant to be red hot otherwise could hurt our bunnies, just warm enough for them

I put mine in the micro for 6 min then leave to stand in the micro for another min as it continues to heat without the micro on, then I give it a quick shake....:D

if they are too hot they will burn your bunny. I put mines on for 5 minutes and then turn them over and do for another 5 minutes. I re-heat mines about 3 times a day to keep them toasty

I always heat with the covers on, it makes the coves nice and warm too. Plus it would take me ages to take them all off and put them all back on again

Back