• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homechecks??

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Hello boys and girls!!! Well I am getting miss Bobby erm.... done.. at the end of feb, and am looking to adopt a little boyfreind for her quite soon after, I think I should be fine with a home check, as I am converting my spare room into bunnyville:D But jus wondered what sort of things they are looking for:love:

Enough space and checking that there is nothing that could be dangerous and whether you have other pets and if that would cause problems.

I've done a home check in the past. They are generally looking for size of accommodation, amount of exercise, they might ask questions about diet, vaccinations, enclosed garden for play time or run. Good luck are you getting a bun from Fatfluffs as its not too far?

yes have been looking at fat fluffs, Getting Bobby's jabs on friday.

Got a few things to do in the spare room before its a bunny room, just researching at the moment.:)

Homechecks arent nothing to worry about :) The people who do them are only human and dont bite ;) Ive done homechecks before :)

If its for indoor buns, they will be looking at the size of the area you keep them in, if its safe, no posionous plants, no vases they coudl pull over and hurt themselves on etc :) They will ask if your buns vaccs are up to date, if you go on holiday, what are your holiday arrangements for the buns etc :)

Hope it all goes ok :love: Time will soon fly! xXx

I adopted my current pair from Fat Fluffs and homecheck was very helpful, especially as I was going from a very old bunny with health problems to young 'characters'.

If you are worried, speak to them beforehand so you know what they are looking for and they will answer any questions you have about it.

Hope it goes well :wave:

They will generally just want to make sure the home is big enough and safe for a bunny. They might ask you a few questions about feeding etc but its nothing to worry about.

I have a bunny room and if you want any piccies for ideas let me know and I will send you some. We are in rented so could make any permenant changes but we covered all the skirting boards, laid flooring, covered wires and use storage tubs as levels instead of building shelves.

I check anything and everything :oops: Size of accomodation, diet, toys, bunny savvy vet, other pets, other family members etc etc

I homecheck and like it to be not only about checking that the home is good in the ways the others have suggested but also like it to be an opportunity for the homecheckee (if that's a word) to ask me questions as well.

It's amazing how long it can take you to find the best vet in the area or the cheapest place to buy your chosen brand of pellets. It doesn't hurt to have a list of questions for the homechecker if you think you need advice, it won't cause you to fail, they will actually be impressed that you want to have the very best info and are prepared to ask for help.

Back