• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't put me out in the rain Mum!

Morning all:wave:

Well Obe came in for a play with the kids this morning and then I went outside with him so he could stretch his legs on the decking( I never leave him alone as I am paranoid a cat will have him:cry:). It was raining lightly and he went and stood at the door as if to be let back in, then stood on his back legs as if to say come on woman:roll: The rest of our morning excercise was spent with him cleaning his paws and flicking water off of them or charging past me and flicking it all over me! Is it just my rabbit who doesn't like the wet weather( I daren't even attempt to put him on the muddy grass) or is it just a rabbit thing?

Helen x

I actually couldn't say because my buns have never been out in the rain/on wet grass! I read that you weren't supposed to let them eat wet food so I've always kept them shut indoors.

Actually most rabbits like, even PREFER to be out in the rain. My theory being that they're less likely to be caught by preditors.

:wave: Ness will go out and have a run in the rain but, she doesn't like it I don't think and is isn't long before she goes back in the shed and into the outside run (which I cover with clear plastic when its raining). She likes to be out in it but, not so she is getting wet if that makes sense :lol:

:lol: I wondered what you meant then, I've just realised it was what was said earlier, I don't think that is strictly true to be honest, I have never heard that, quite the opposite in fact if you are trying to re-hydrate a bun that won't drink you can feed their vegetables still wet from washing to introduce some water.:)

Ah right well I'll do that as Obe doesn't seem to have drunk any water at all for the past two days, I'm getting a bit worried about him although he seems fine in every other way

Helen x

Lola and Lucy have been out for a bit - they were not happy about it but love it when they get out there!

I had to carry mine inside the other night...
The floor was wet so they had stayed in the hutch all day and didn't even want to walk the metre from the hutch to the back door. :roll:
Lazy wimps. :)

Back