• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Handsome Hawthorn Going Dating! UD Post 17 total failure

awww and I'm not in the county so I won't get to meet him :( really hope all goes well though :D :D

ETA who will Hawthorn be wining and dining - the little wildie?

Fingers crossed he finds a beautiful wifey bun.

I just looked at there buns and Barney is :love::love: such a shame Radish has to wait till end of March for a husbun.

OK - so he didn't ike the first choice - just told her in no uncertain terms to GO AWAY. . . she was allowed to sit in a far corner and keep very still while he looked the other way - but he was NOT tolerating any movement, or nose touching, or approaching or general freindliness AT ALL.

So that was the cute little wildie one - poor girl - her first date as well. .

I have left him there to try out another larger more mumsy girlie (agouti up ear) when he has unruffled his 'feathers' a bit.

But to be honest don't hold out much hope.

My OH wonders if bunnies can be gay????? If so, should there a separate category on Rabbit Rehome??

Its true that although very handsome, Hawthorns 'plums were so small that my vet had a hell of a job finding them even when they weren't retracted!:shock: - and even before he was neutered he never humped or sprayed.

Last edited:
Aw that's a shame :( But when I adopted Sorrel I was told she was unbondable and would have to always live alone - a year later she was happily married to Apache :)

This was his second attempt anyway (he had 'chucked out' his original girlbun here). So really this afternoons will count as his third .
Mary at BARK was going to try this second one but seemed to feel that that was it,:(

Its true that although very handsome, Hawthorns 'plums were so small that my vet had a hell of a job finding them even when they weren't retracted! - and even before he was neutered he never humped or sprayed.

Muppet's always seemed quite metrosexual to me... You know: clean, gentle, nice manners, good to his mother... :lol: He turned down two or three women before he met Sooty in July and he loves her to bits. I think he was just fussy: Sooty was by far the prettiest he'd met and, being quite a looker himself, I think he just wanted someone up to his standards ;)

Snowdrop made it perfectly clear she hate Bungle. She tried to kill him!

Yet she is the most placid bunny I have ever met and was easily bonded to Strawberry! Some buns are just picky I guess!

He's home again . .

the second female chased him around as he was not interested - and then she bullied him - so now he's home again

and still single.

I guess he is just the Cliff Richard of the bun world.

Back