• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit that has been used for breeding

shelley1977

Warren Scout
I am getting the above mentioned bun.I have been told she has stopped breeding which is why she is needing a new home which i can give her.There is not much info on her so if anyone has any idea how old she might be or if there is anything i should do for her i would be grateful,also should i get her neutered so she can be bonded rather than being alone?

Shelley

When you say she has 'stopped breeding' do you mean that she has become infertile or that the Breeder has 'retired' her ?

If the latter then at a guess I'd say she was about 3-4 years of age

If the former then that is a major concern and can *sometimes* indicate the early stages of Uterine Cancer.

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/uterine.htm

It is definately a good idea to get her spayed if your Vet considers he to be in good health. This will both protect her from uterine problems and will also make bonding her with another Rabbit easier.

Thanks for that,from what i was told she just doesnt get pregnant any more.The person breeds them a lot i suppose as much as is possible.I just came up by chance that this rabbit no longer was able to breed and they wanted a new home for her.
Will get an appointment for the vet to check her out as soon as i get her.

Shelley

Back