• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leics to Cambs SORTED

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone help get the handsome Rosco piggies to his new home?
He needs to get from Leicester, near junction 21 of M1, to Huntindon PE28
The lady adopting him may be able to help with part of journey

Last edited:
Can anyone help get the handsome Rosco piggies to his new home?
He needs to get from Leicester, near junction 21 of M1, to Huntindon PE28
The lady adopting him may be able to help with part of journey

Hi Jill,

I'm the one adopting the lovely Rosco. I joined this forum last year to learn more about rabbits, in the end we didn't go with getting a couple of house bunnies. As a result I've been able to extend my guinea pig family...Rosco will make number 14!

Any help with transport would be hugely appreciated, although if it comes down to it my mum can collect him from you on my behalf. I know on TGPF there are quite a few people between me and you - there's a lady in Northampton who has said she'd like to come across my way sometime to meet my piggies - so do let me know if there's anything further I can do to help.

For anyone also on The Guinea Pig Forum (TGPF), you'll recognise me as Laura-CCC4. :)

Last edited:
We have a very kind offer to take Rosco part way along A14 or Market Harborough way whichever is easier..this weekend:D
any good Laura
if so will ask lady to ring you

And can Windmill bunny hitch a lift with you..see seperate thread??

Last edited:
I've posted on Windmill's thread Jill. I can help a little with Windmill but unfortunately can't really travel myself...the ideal meeting point around here would be the Cambridge Cavy Trust (CCT) so if anyone can take Windmill from here/CCT then I've no problem.

I'm waiting to see if my friend in Northampton can help at all. Would it be easier to find transport from Leics to Northampton area, if my friend is able to help? I'll let you know the postcode if she gives the go ahead.

Thank you to the lady who has offered some transport, I do really appreciate it. Just waiting to see if the Northampton route might be an easier one; if not then I'll have to send my mum to either Market Harborough or all the way to Leics. (Don't drive myself and am a recovering agoraphobic, can't go too far yet, although I would love to come myself!)

Thank you to the lady who has offered some transport, I do really appreciate it. Just waiting to see if the Northampton route might be an easier one; if not then I'll have to send my mum to either Market Harborough or all the way to Leics. (Don't drive myself and am a recovering agoraphobic, can't go too far yet, although I would love to come myself!)

Could your mum collect from Chatteris or Huntington?
If it is Fri or Sat I am hoping to help with Windmill, so Rosco can tag along :p. I have 2 spare indoor cages, if he(and windmill) need to stay at all.
If the lady who will bring to Market Harborough will take Windmill aswell I could meet with her?

*Heidi*

Last edited:
We need to get Rosco sorted..the offer to come part way either Market Harb or A14 stands for sat or sun..but lady must know

Re Windmill
Paula needs to let us know how far and when she can travel
if not Windmill will have to wait for a later lift..
I may be able to get her to Warminster which is much nearer Southampton

We need to get Rosco sorted..the offer to come part way either Market Harb or A14 stands for sat or sun..but lady must know

Re Windmill
Paula needs to let us know how far and when she can travel
if not Windmill will have to wait for a later lift..
I may be able to get her to Warminster which is much nearer Southampton

We pretty much have Windmill sorted if I do from you to huntington(to amy) dont we?
I am offering to help with Rosco because of moving Windmill for Paula(who I talk to a hell of a lot!)
I cant afford to do the trip twice.

*Heidi*

We pretty much have Windmill sorted if I do from you to huntington(to amy) dont we?
I am offering to help with Rosco because of moving Windmill for Paula(who I talk to a hell of a lot!)
I cant afford to do the trip twice.

*Heidi*

Bearing in mind developments on Windmill's transport, does the offer still stand for bringing Rosco to Chatteris/Huntingdon? Huntingdon would be no problem at all, we are unfamiliar with Chatteris but with it being only 20 minutes away it is doable.

If you are able to help Heidi, I will of course pay your petrol money.

The offer from the lady able to travel to Market Harb/A14 is very kind, we don't know anything of the area at all so I suspect my mum would find it easier to travel all the way to collect him.

If the above offer to get Rosco to Chatteris/Huntingdon is no longer possible, then I'll give the lady who offered originally a ring ASAP and discuss arrangements with her.

Last edited:
Back