• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When is the right time for indoor buns to go out?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
I will be moving Sooty and Oreo out to a shed soon - Im just wondering when will be the best time?
They are in a cool spare room with no heating at the moment.

Will anyone else by doing this?

My buns will go out in April sometime. What's the reason you're putting yours out now? Can it not wait another couple of months? January nights can be freeeeeezing!

I will be moving Sooty and Oreo out to a shed soon - Im just wondering when will be the best time?
They are in a cool spare room with no heating at the moment.

Will anyone else by doing this?

I will be moving my new bunny Flick outside when it gets warmer :wave:.
I'm waiting until the night time temperature is closer to the temperature in his room. I doubt it will be warm enough before April :(.
You might want check the temperature in their room and compare it to the outdoor night time temp, I'd guess that even an unheated room would be a good 10 degrees warmer than outside.

I probably wouldn't move an indoor bun outside until at least when the morning frosts have gone - late April/early May - sort of like when you'd put your bedding plants out:D

Hi, yes i will wait a couple of months definetly - when i said soon I didnt mean now :lol: - Im going to miss them as it is so the later the better in my books - So April sounds about the norm then... i didnt want to put them out too early or too late.

I also wanted to know so I can budget for the shed and run - im going to buy a bit each month so they have a palace to move into :D and also going to get Charlie a girlie around about the same time so i dont want to keep looking on RIN and faling in love when i cant take them yet.

Thanks for your help

i would think after Feb at the earliest... Feb can be as cold as Jan but then strangely march can be really summer like...

bet your excited to see how much they love thier new pad huh :D:D

Hi, yes i will wait a couple of months definetly - when i said soon I didnt mean now :lol: - Im going to miss them as it is so the later the better in my books - So April sounds about the norm then... i didnt want to put them out too early or too late.

I also wanted to know so I can budget for the shed and run - im going to buy a bit each month so they have a palace to move into :D and also going to get Charlie a girlie around about the same time so i dont want to keep looking on RIN and faling in love when i cant take them yet.

Thanks for your help

That's a relief! :D I really don't think you can beat a good shed/run combo. You can even have a heater in the shed over the winter if you don't want them back in the house.

Domment - yes i am excited because i know they will love it - but I will also miss not having so much time with them - at least in spring/summer it is lighter for longer so I can spend time outside with them..

Hoppit - yes i was going to invest in a little heater for the shed for the winter - I have loads of room for shed / run so Im deffo getting it and the shed is actually cheaper than a hutch! :D

I have foster buns indoors at the minute (ones who have been poorly etc) they will go out late April time :) xXx

Back