• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting the bunnies in their carrier....

oooh yes - I remember trying to get Maa into a carrier for the umpteenth of her many vet trips :roll: I think given that bunnies are so curious to investigate new things, the best idea would be to have 3 different carriers on rota :D

Well ive managed to get patrick in Twinsen on the otherhand :shock:...im gonna have to stop trying or patrick will miss his appointment :cry:

My buns are really funny cuz they like to go in their carrier as part of everyday play, but if I want to take them anywhere they kick up such a fuss! They stamp and run and hide as though I'm Sweeny Todd! :shock:

Did you get Twinsen? Norty bun! :no:

Yea, i feel really awfull too Patricks looking at me throught the carrier door with big rabbit eyes and his big floppy ears as if to say muuuum let me ouuuut :(

Frank is like a wild thing trying to get him in the carrier. Which upsets Dulcie because he's upset. In order for it not to take me about 3 hours to get them in the carrier I have to confine them in one half of the kennel and just make a confident grab, then stuff them in as fast as possible. I hate upsetting them like that by manhandling them, but the softly softly approach doesn't work. I think the quick grab and stuff is probably less stressful for them than trying to persuade them or chasing them round with a towel as it's over quicker. Then I spend the whole journey to the vets apologising to them.

I find it a nightmare too! Both of mine stamp at me and disappear under the bed as soon as they know a carrier trip is in the offing :(

I leave their carrier in their room all the time with hay in, and they're happy enough to play in it most of the time, but not when I put the door back on and they know what's coming! Even fenugreek crunchies won't tempt them in anymore :shock:

:lol: It doesn't take to long to work it out either, Gizmo has only been in it 3 times and already even on seeing it last thumped and ran the other way, Ness went in for her second time to the vets, will be interesting whether she will the next time :roll:

My two have their cat carrier out in the living room all the time to sit in, which they do sometimes, especially cos I hide treats in there. :D I can't honestly say I've never tried to shoo them in there tho - I put the carrier on top of the dog crate, pick one bun up (usually Darwin first) and put him in the carrier, put the door on, then pick Lavender up, and squeeze her in next to Big D. They turn to face the door, Big D will have a treat and Lavender turns her nose up and gives me the look of 'I'm in charge really, and I'm just letting you do this'. :lol:

Twinsen is still under the bed :roll: I really dont want to take him to the vet alone but at this rate im going to have to :(

You know what you need? A feather duster! I have one I couldn't do without. It's lamswool, and so very soft, but it's great for prodding a reluctant bun out from under the bed when you're in a hurry. Mine's just a short one because I've only got a single bed, but you can get longer ones for doing ceilings with.

Yes it's mean, but it's for their own good at the end of the day!

You know what you need? A feather duster! I have one I couldn't do without. It's lamswool, and so very soft, but it's great for prodding a reluctant bun out from under the bed when you're in a hurry. Mine's just a short one because I've only got a single bed, but you can get longer ones for doing ceilings with.

Yes it's mean, but it's for their own good at the end of the day!

Thats a realy good idea!

Were back now, im now currently tring to worm twinsen its not going so well haha

What kind of carrier is it, does it open at the side? I have mine clicker trained, although I can't do it with my carrier as it opens at the top and is quite high to be jumping into, Buu and Beau used to have a carry basket which was just a laundry basket I used to carry them up and down the stairs and both were clicker trained to just jump into the basket themselves when I said 'in ya basket' :) Trip and Scarlett are also clicker trained to come in or out of the house when called which saves lots of time trying to catch them when they are in the garden

Back