• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

did i make bad choice over berties treatment?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
to cut a very long story short..the long story being my post about methicillin resistant bacteria in berties nose on top of pastuerella.

john chitty wants me to take bertie to andover..an hour and a half min each way...(id have to use animal transport and pay for it but ive done it before)
he wants to xray him to see if the infections in his sinuses an dif so flush them out. but i dont know if he means two visits or one...or three then id have to go there for follow ups for gods only knos how long.

i dont want to as it was stressful enough for bertie with his eye ulcer. I think this was brought on by stress of unbonding with bif as well as being beaten up by bif daily!
the stress of travel in his condition isnt something id want to put him through.
so i begged and peladed and bertie has 2 weeks worth of baytril and more tiacil eye drops and metacam.

i am a bad bunny mummy for not going to andover..but i feel a bad bunny mummy if i do..a ga is risky enough but with pastuerella!!

have i chosen wisely?

You know Bertie better than anyone so are the best judge as to whether this would be too much to expect him to cope with. Some rabbits are ok with travel, others hate it so much even a fairly short trip to the vets be enough to bring on stasis.

As a wise old owl once said ;) : just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I'm sure the decision you make will be the right one whatever it is xx

berties being on his meds regularly....and hes been his usual self but still sneezing when he eats or gets overexcited/angry.

what would you do?

Hi,Maizey had a nose flush and it made no difference to the infection.I dont think your a bad bunny mummy,its obvious how much you love Bertie xxxx

thank you so much for that hun. and i must hunt down your threads!!

hes sleeping right now..he did last two days..think it was cos of my horrific epileptic attacks!!

Back