• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone use megazorb?

I use it...I think its really good:thumb:
As its not compresed idont think it goes as far, but i really like it:)

I use it for their litter tray, it absorbs smells:mrgreen:

Very reasonable and a sack lasts quite a long time.

hi i use it, its great. i only have one rabbit and he has two litter trays changed every day and a sack lasts me 8 weeks. no smells and really absorbent. and i think its quiet a cheap product, id have to use twice as much sawdust to get the same absorbancy, and sacks of saw dust round here are £5 megasorb costs me £8 so i think i save a bit of money with it too.

i order it online with hay straw and food so the postage isnt too bad.

give it a go, you can always swap back if it isnt for you.:D

I think I will I do find the woodshavings a bit hit or miss sometimes I seem to get a good bale and others its quite dusty. I've read about people useing straw pellets also? and shredded cardboard I think i'd be worried about them eatting the cardboard though.
Thanks guys, helpful as always :D

I wouldnt use the cardboard...I used to use it and it dosent really absorb anything. It all just trickles down and puddles on the hutch floor.
Also the back 2 nature paper pellets arent as good as megozorb and cost a fortune!

The bag may last forever if you are only using it for litter trays but if your are bedding out hutches then it goes alot faster....A 85L lasts me about 4 full cleanings (so about a month). With 3 normal rabbit hutches and a wendy house. That is tho I only uses a minimal covering on the floor and put bedding hay ontop...that means only the pee gets through to the megozorb to be absorbed and also it pervents the rabbits from digging it up and having to sit on pee.

As you can see I have been through lots of different beddings and i find that megazorb with a layer of hay ontop is best for me. :)

I have 23 rabbits, and use around 2-3 sacks per week. I use litter trays for my rabbits, so it works out reasonably cheap, but I think it might be fairly costly if you plan to cover the whole hutch floor

Another fan of Megazorb here :)

Use it in the litter trays, and for the high sided indoor cage. Have also used it for hammies and my mum uses it in her rattie cages, fantastic stufff

I use it in the litter trays for 3 bunnies and I also cover the hutch floor for 3 dirty,grubby,stinky (yet adorably funny,cute, friendly ferrets)!!
Its good stuff!! Lasts ages....absorbent...non smelly.....yet the ferrets can still stick their noses in it and tunnel along...so funny!!
The bunnies are more staid in their behaviour!!!

I'll have to give it ago i'm not sure how economical it would be for 15 buns though at the moment i'm doing a full clean once a wk and a skip out every other day (some of the dirty ones i'll do a full clean out) I just like to keep them as clean as possible you know.

Do you use litter trays???????? I find I have litter trays with the megazorb and then just use straw elsewhere.

I have 23 rabbits, and use around 2-3 sacks per week. I use litter trays for my rabbits, so it works out reasonably cheap, but I think it might be fairly costly if you plan to cover the whole hutch floor

I use a sack a week, do you get it from Martins or do you have it delivered in bulk?

If you can find a local supplier with no delivery cost then it wouldn't be too bad economy wise.

I pay £5.85 a sack from the local horse suppliers.

I use a sack a week, do you get it from Martins or do you have it delivered in bulk?

I either get it from Martins or from Seals at Swanwick (my parents live nearby so I combine trips with visits to them). Seals has a bulk buy deal, so it works out cheaper if you buy 5 or more sacks

I use Megazorb and its really good for soaking up the smell. I use it in the litter trays as my lot are house bunnies.

I either get it from Martins or from Seals at Swanwick (my parents live nearby so I combine trips with visits to them). Seals has a bulk buy deal, so it works out cheaper if you buy 5 or more sacks

I used to go there, but sometimes they didn't have any left :? I guess you beat me to it:lol:

Back